Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1961 CB72 Project

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:38 am

LM - I've been in touch with a guy who cleared a large stash of bikes and parts (some NOS) from under a tarp in a garden.

David Silver was on the trail but didn't get there on that occasion. Amazingly, this stuff is still lying hidden in sheds, barns and gardens. Long may it continue. At least until I've finished my projects..... :-)

G

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Prices from me were rather fair but I had LOTS OF PARTS to sell.
One feller bought $600.00 alone. ................lm

G-Man wrote:Nice job!

Prices are certainly going up.

G
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Yep.
I also sold 2 sets of the one piece mufflers and a set of the 2 piece ones.
I sold a little over $4,000 in parts.
G-Man wrote:LM

Such is life......

This year?

G
LOUD MOUSE wrote:I sold the mate at the BARBER meet. ................................lm
G-Man wrote:Just when you think you know what you're doing, something else turns up. I visited an old freind yesterday to swap a CYB72 rear fender (I now know that there are two types - more education) and this lovely NOS muffler came my way. I was intending to use the Overlander stainless reproduction mufflers on this bike but if the sister of this one turns up, I might change my mind.

There are only a couple of tiny dings and it has obviously been stored very well fro the last 50 or so years.

This is a chromed steel, rather than stainless muffler and these early ones had plain inlets with a big 'top hat' style rubber sleeve.

On the lookout for the matching right hand one now....... :-)

G
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 am

Was there many parts for your bikes?. .......................lm
G-Man wrote:LM - I've been in touch with a guy who cleared a large stash of bikes and parts (some NOS) from under a tarp in a garden.

David Silver was on the trail but didn't get there on that occasion. Amazingly, this stuff is still lying hidden in sheds, barns and gardens. Long may it continue. At least until I've finished my projects..... :-)

G

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Prices from me were rather fair but I had LOTS OF PARTS to sell.

G

Such is life......

This year?

G
LOUD MOUSE wrote:I sold the mate at the BARBER meet. ................................lm
G-Man wrote:Just when you think you know what you're doing, something else turns up. I visited an old freind yesterday to swap a CYB72 rear fender (I now know that there are two types - more education) and this lovely NOS muffler came my way. I was intending to use the Overlander stainless reproduction mufflers on this bike but if the sister of this one turns up, I might change my mind.

There are only a couple of tiny dings and it has obviously been stored very well fro the last 50 or so years.

This is a chromed steel, rather than stainless muffler and these early ones had plain inlets with a big 'top hat' style rubber sleeve.

G

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:27 am

LM

The guy got a lot of CB77, Black Bomber and CB250 parts. He let me have some Dream electrical parts which are quite rare, so I am happy!

G

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Was there many parts for your bikes?. .......................lm
G-Man wrote:LM - I've been in touch with a guy who cleared a large stash of bikes and parts (some NOS) from under a tarp in a garden.

G

G

Such is life......

This year?

G

G
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:39 am

Tis been a long time since I've found a place with old bikes. ..................lm

The guy got a lot of CB77, Black Bomber and CB250 parts. He let me have some Dream electrical parts which are quite rare, so I am happy!

G

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Was there many parts for your bikes?. .......................lm

G

G

Such is life......

This year?

G

G

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 am

LM

The bikes he found were all low miles, too. Less than 2000.....

G
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Tis been a long time since I've found a place with old bikes. ..................lm

G

G

G

Such is life......

This year?

G

G
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 am

Were the bikes and parts in the US?. ...............lm

G

[e]

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 am

LM

No, UK this time. It never happens to me, but I can always dream....

G
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Were the bikes and parts in the US?. ...............lm

G

[e]
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home