Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

What a concept - A Girl Bringing Back Her 1966 Super Hawk

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
sarals
honda305.com Member

Post by sarals » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:49 am

Seadog wrote:I just read this thread for the first time and I have to tell you, Sara, how impressed I am with your skills and your tenacity. You're truly inspiring.
Well, thank you!
1965 CB77 305 Super Hawk
1989 NT650 Hawk GT
1981 Yamaha XJ550 Seca

sarals
honda305.com Member

Post by sarals » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:57 am

Checking in!

I received a surprise, wonderful phone call from Loudmouse yesterday! It was so good to hear from him, and to hear some news from the forum. It caused me to realize HOW LONG IT'S BEEN since I last checked in!

My Superhawk, the Old Girl, is sitting quietly in my garage under a cover. I brought her home from the museum she was residing in a while ago. I ride sparingly, I just can't bring myself to risk anything bad happening with that bike. I run her up about once a month, charge the battery probably every two months. She fires right up, each and every time. When I shut her down, I'm careful to run all of the gas out of the float bowls, and I make sure the pet cock is OFF, just in case!

I'm still not convinced she charges properly, and the speedometer needle still boings around above 40 MPH or so. The clutch will slip if I shift under hard throttle, and brakes are quite grabby. But, she's beautiful, she runs beautifully, and she's an old friend.

And she constantly reminds me of the friends I have made here, and what a wonderful experience it was to bring her back to life.

I miss you all!
1965 CB77 305 Super Hawk
1989 NT650 Hawk GT
1981 Yamaha XJ550 Seca

Rickytic
honda305.com Member

Post by Rickytic » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Good morning Sarals,

Like you, haven't been on here for a while. After I finished my CL77, rode it for a little bit and put her in the garage under cover. She has been in several shows including the La Jolla Concourse De Elegance where she strutted her stuff and made us both proud by taking 1st place in class.

Last time Loudmouse saw a picture of her he noticed a couple items that need replaced, sure miss his knowledge and attitude!!!!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm here Rickytic. ...............lm

Rickytic wrote:Good morning Sarals,

Like you, haven't been on here for a while. After I finished my CL77, rode it for a little bit and put her in the garage under cover. She has been in several shows including the La Jolla Concourse De Elegance where she strutted her stuff and made us both proud by taking 1st place in class.

Last time Loudmouse saw a picture of her he noticed a couple items that need replaced, sure miss his knowledge and attitude!!!!

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Sara

Great to hear from you. I've been in the US for three weeks on business. Will be in France at the end of the month then out to Kansas early next month.

Not much time for bike fettling but hoping to get in to the workshop at the weekend.

Take care

G

sarals wrote:Checking in!

I received a surprise, wonderful phone call from Loudmouse yesterday! It was so good to hear from him, and to hear some news from the forum. It caused me to realize HOW LONG IT'S BEEN since I last checked in!

My Superhawk, the Old Girl, is sitting quietly in my garage under a cover. I brought her home from the museum she was residing in a while ago. I ride sparingly, I just can't bring myself to risk anything bad happening with that bike. I run her up about once a month, charge the battery probably every two months. She fires right up, each and every time. When I shut her down, I'm careful to run all of the gas out of the float bowls, and I make sure the pet cock is OFF, just in case!

I'm still not convinced she charges properly, and the speedometer needle still boings around above 40 MPH or so. The clutch will slip if I shift under hard throttle, and brakes are quite grabby. But, she's beautiful, she runs beautifully, and she's an old friend.

And she constantly reminds me of the friends I have made here, and what a wonderful experience it was to bring her back to life.

I miss you all!
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

sarals
honda305.com Member

Post by sarals » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi Graham!

What time to come the US. ;)

Post some photos of your progress. Your 250 must be getting close to running, yes?

Great to hear from you, too! Missed you!

~~Sara
G-Man wrote:Sara

Great to hear from you. I've been in the US for three weeks on business. Will be in France at the end of the month then out to Kansas early next month.

Not much time for bike fettling but hoping to get in to the workshop at the weekend.

Take care

G

I miss you all!
1965 CB77 305 Super Hawk
1989 NT650 Hawk GT
1981 Yamaha XJ550 Seca

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:47 am

Sara

Not as close as I would like.... I started on putting the frame and forks together before I went away and the engine is pretty much together. Just tons of little details to do now. So many projects, not enough time......

G

sarals wrote:Hi Graham!

What time to come the US. ;)

Post some photos of your progress. Your 250 must be getting close to running, yes?

Great to hear from you, too! Missed you!

~~Sara
G-Man wrote:Sara

Take care

G

I miss you all!
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home