□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Question about pistons/bores

mike in idaho
honda305.com Member

Post by mike in idaho » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Gee Ed, what's wrong? Did somebody pee in your cornflakes this morning? The guy just asked a question, lighten up already.
'65 YG1
'65 CB160
'66 CL160
'66 CL77
'78 XS650
'79 GL1000
'69 T100R
'68 TR6
'69 T120
'72 750 Commando
my company car is a Kenworth

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:18 pm

I'll add this and I'm through.
I offer help/advice many hours to those who have tried and just couldn't make it work.
We get on the phone (at times hours or carried over to another day) and we fix the problem eventually.
Problems which would take days with eMail but never am I responding to a USER when I do this.
Mr. HONDA gets paid for what I give at no cost.
I'm FINISHED!. ...........lm

You can answer all the jerks that just USE this forum as far as I'm concerned.
One had to be told not to use different size pistons. (worked on singles only)
The other ask if he need to repair the tensioner (after telling us the shaft moved in and out when the engine ran).
Where I stated "there's your answer.
Tim Baby Sat him with the obvious answer.
That feller has been on the forum and if you look back you may find question problems. ..............lm
mike in idaho wrote:Gee Ed, what's wrong? Did somebody pee in your cornflakes this morning? The guy just asked a question, lighten up already.

gopher
honda305.com Member

Post by gopher » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:18 am

Ed, I for one, am very grateful for all you do for this forum. Your time, knowledge, expertise, sharing, insight.....it just wouldn't be a very good forum without you. I think there are many newbies that don't appreciate the depth of your knowledge and the level of your contribution, on a daily basis, for so many years. Thank you for all you do!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:20 am

Thank you gopher.
I appreciate your comment. .............lm
gopher wrote:Ed, I for one, am very grateful for all you do for this forum. Your time, knowledge, expertise, sharing, insight.....it just wouldn't be a very good forum without you. I think there are many newbies that don't appreciate the depth of your knowledge and the level of your contribution, on a daily basis, for so many years. Thank you for all you do!

Livin'theDream
honda305.com Member

Post by Livin'theDream » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Ed, I'm just a feller who likes to tinker with and ride around on these old Hondas. This is just a hobby for me and probably for most others on this forum as well. I sure didn't mean to cause anyone's blood pressure to spike with my apparently inappropriate question, I simply didn't know the answer.
Even though we have never talked directly, I've read your answers to many posts here over several years and have always been grateful for your knowledge and willingness to share; you and many others have provided information that has enabled me to get my '67 CL running really well, and I thank you for that. I'll second Gopher's comments above.
But being tagged a"jerk" and a "USER"?? That's a little rude. We're just playing around with some old motorbikes here, not finding a cure for cancer. Why can't it be pleasant?? So long.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:45 pm

I thank you for taking time to send a message.
One of my saying is "It's Just A Machine!
That said I don't add that common sense is required and when your message (you are new) came along followed with "the shaft moves when the engine runs, what should I do"? (he's been around long enough to know the answer without someone telling him the obvious).
I LOST IT!
Yes to me it's a hobby also but when I joined I replied to all items on the sign-up form.
Grips me to look at a message and find, a forum member name and nothing else EXCEPT A QUESTION!
And of course We Welcome the lazy sucker!
I'll share my knowledge with anyone who attempts to answer some of the information.
As for your question I didn't reply as TO ME the answer is BASIC. NO!
I do hope you understand from where I come and accept my apology. ............lm

Livin'theDream wrote:Ed, I'm just a feller who likes to tinker with and ride around on these old Hondas. This is just a hobby for me and probably for most others on this forum as well. I sure didn't mean to cause anyone's blood pressure to spike with my apparently inappropriate question, I simply didn't know the answer.
Even though we have never talked directly, I've read your answers to many posts here over several years and have always been grateful for your knowledge and willingness to share; you and many others have provided information that has enabled me to get my '67 CL running really well, and I thank you for that. I'll second Gopher's comments above.
But being tagged a"jerk" and a "USER"?? That's a little rude. We're just playing around with some old motorbikes here, not finding a cure for cancer. Why can't it be pleasant?? So long.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home