Admirers

Petcock O rings

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
Scottx
honda305.com Member

Petcock O rings

Post by Scottx » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi there

I have a CB77 about 1964. I'm after the O ring or seal that goes between the petcock and the fuel tank. I also need the O ring that goes between the sediment bowl to the main body.

If there are different types of fuel taps mine has 2 outlets for the carbs and one for a balance pipe to the other side of the tank. When I screws to the tank it has that nut that screws onto the tap anti clockwise and then onto the tank clockwise.

Thanks for your time. These fuel leaks are all that is stopping me ridding it (for now)
Scott

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:33 am

Scott, I'm assuming your location is Sydney, Australia. Where do you normally look for parts? What you need is a petcock rebuilding kit. Try ebay. I don't know how hard it is to find vendors that will ship to Australia. Maybe it's not a problem at all. Try Scrambler Cycle, I know that he has the kits. FYI, PlenterNZ is a good source for parts in that part of the world, but he doesn't seem to have petcock parts.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Petcock O rings

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 am

Check with Colin Campbell there in SIDNEY. ..............lm

Colin Campbell

8 Brodie St Rydalmere

Sydney 2116

Australia
Scottx wrote:Hi there

I have a CB77 about 1964. I'm after the O ring or seal that goes between the petcock and the fuel tank. I also need the O ring that goes between the sediment bowl to the main body.

If there are different types of fuel taps mine has 2 outlets for the carbs and one for a balance pipe to the other side of the tank. When I screws to the tank it has that nut that screws onto the tap anti clockwise and then onto the tank clockwise.

Thanks for your time. These fuel leaks are all that is stopping me ridding it (for now)
Scott

Scottx
honda305.com Member

Post by Scottx » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks for responding. I had a look on ebay and the cheapest is about $34 and all I really need is the 2 parts.

I was hoping to find a place that just sells O rings but looking at the photo on ebay the gasket between the petcock and the tank is not an O ring in cross section.

I'll ring Col on Monday (I'm surprised I didn't think of that). I bought the bike from Col years ago and he did a great job getting the bike up to scratch for registration including an engine rebuild.

cknight
honda305.com Member

Post by cknight » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Have you tried your Honda motorcycle dealer? The o-ring between the bowl and housing is P/N 16958-268-010. The flat washer type gasket in the joint nut is 16956-283-000. And if you need one, the four hole gasket behind the lever is 16955-268-020. Regards, Chase

cknight
honda305.com Member

Post by cknight » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:29 am

For possible future reference, the o-ring for the bowl is 22x2. The flat rubber washer for the joint nut is 16mm OD, 10.5mm ID, and 2mm thick. It's a good idea to remove any paint that might be on the bottom of the threaded bung that the joint nut threads on to, making sure it's flat with no burrs, for best sealing. Regards, Chase

Scottx
honda305.com Member

Post by Scottx » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Fantastic. Thankyou

I put a couple of O rings in temporarily just to test the bike in my local area, but I will chase up the correct parts with this info.

I have no fuel leaks but one cylinder is dropping in and out so now I'm waiting on new spark plugs. Getting there though.

Have a good one
Scott

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home