Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

65 CA77 305 Texas Rebuild

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Oilleak
honda305.com Member

Post by Oilleak » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:38 pm

I forgot to ask this from your original post.. did you build the stand that your frame is on in the picture? Nice.
Oilleak

http://www.oilleak.net

Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security.
--- Ben Franklin

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:08 am

There are JIS threads but none on the frame. They are at the lever perch's, points cover and timing plate, rotor cover, front lock cover, tank badges, headlight chrome of the CB/CL72/77 bikes but no frame parts. .............................lm

Onemilewest wrote:Sorry for the delayed response. I have been working many hours lately. I used a place in Denton called cross link powder coating. He is fast, priced very reasonable and the quality was outstanding. I ended up taking a few other items to him. I had the rims coated fire engine red. I did the spokes black and the hubs aluminum silver. I will put white wall tires on them. I will take a few pics and post shortly.

I have a question on the rear shocks. I took them apart, cleaned them up and powder coated the covers. I continue to screw them up time and time again trying to put them back together. I have sand blasted and powder coated 3 times and I am about to snap. Any advice on re-assembly tips???

One last question about the threads on these things. These are JIS, correct? Well in my haste to powder coat, I coated some of the holes. Where can I get a tap and die set for this thread standard?

Oilleak, my email is onemilewest@hotmail.com. I would like to stop by and look at those fenders. Let me know and I can ride over.

Onemile

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:55 pm

All right, I am back in town now.

Thanks for the advice on the JIS threads.

Yes, I built the frame cart in the pictures. I saw one in the back of a magazine for $600, so I went and spent $65 on the raw materials and built it myself.

I installed the new wire harness and re-assembled the powder coated wheels. I will take some pictures this weekend and post.

Oilleak, is there a place that I can pick up a tank cleaner and sealer kit in Dallas? Or, does anyone know of a good online source?

Onemile

ggray
honda305.com Member

Tanks cleaner and sealer

Post by ggray » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm

For a tank kit....try www.por15.com

Gary
'65 CL77 Owner

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:49 pm

Thanks for the advice on the tank reconditioner. I did one tank over night Saturday and coated it today. It worked well and I had enough left to start my second tank soaking.

I have a couple of extra parts now from a few scrap bikes I have picked up. They are not in the best condition, but if anyone wants to swap, I can sand blast and powder smaller items.

OK, I promised some pics...

I have not made the progress that I was expecting, but I am having fun none the less. I finshed powder coating the rims and have re-spoked, but still need to press the bearings back in. I will pick up some white walls in a couple of weeks and have them mounted.

I have also included some pics of the shocks that were about to drive me nuts. I re-assembled them, taped off the chrome, sand blasted and painted. I know that the logo is in the wrong place, but I re-colored it and thought it would look cool behind my solo seat. I have another that I will put under the headlight.

Check the old solo seat that I found in MN. People have a lot of old bikes up there and sell them for nothing compared to TX.

I installed the wiring harness and tested all the conections. I have also added a few other pics to show the color scheme. We have a process at work called "dura-color." It is a 2 part system that we use to fill spaces like the "HONDA" logo. It is then baked like powder coat and is durable. Well I hope that all the pics will post.

Thanks for looking.. Onemile
Attachments
RIM.jpg
LOGO.jpg
SEAT.jpg
BIKE.jpg
PLATE.jpg
PLATE.jpg (11.62 KiB) Viewed 1483 times

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:51 pm

Couple more pics..... Onemile
Attachments
PARTS.jpg
KEY.jpg

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:04 pm

Can't wait to see her together, it's gonna be sharp!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home