Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Japan Meets Britain

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:46 am

Well the SuperHawk and I will do our part out here!

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:04 am

Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain on Sunday -- I've organized a 'spring ride' (this is the third such ride I've arranged), and will take in Maryland's beautiful Frederick County and beyond. We'll fire up our motorbikes and make our way from Ellicott City to Frederick, Burkittsville, Sharpsburg, Williamsport, dip into Pennsylvania, and then down to Smithsburg, Thurmont and back. I did a 'dry run' of the ride last week, and it works out to about 160 miles total (about 200 miles from my house). Hopefully we'll have about 10 riders in attendance!

Even had buttons made for the occasion -- artwork courtesy of my very good and talented friend, Lee Hulteng:

Spring Ride Buttons by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:24 am

Glorious day for the 2015 Spring Shakedown on Sunday. We had 8 riders in total for the 160-mile ride, and the route was a nice mix of moderate stretches of 55+ roads with gentle sweepers, narrow, twisty two-lane backroads, a few 1-lane bridges traversing Civil War battle sites, and a couple of roller-coaster sections that threatened to send you airborne if you weren't careful.

We had 2 Beemers, 1 Ducati and 5 Hondas. Only one SuperHawk of course, and it led the pack :)

L-R: Baxter (the dog!), Boris, Andrew, Scott, Jeff, Lee, Jim, Andrew and Yours Truly.

SpringShakedown2015 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

promking
honda305.com Member

Re: SuperHawk Meets Triton

Post by promking » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Vince Lupo wrote:Here is the final installment -- new TOGA/Norman Hyde Gold Star 'Twitter' mufflers and AMAL 626 carbs. The mufflers are VERY loud and are a little longer than the EMGO's that were previously on the bike (plus the quality is a heck of a lot better). So, I guess it's not really 'SuperHawk Meets Triton', but more like 'SuperHawk Meets BSA, Norton, Triumph and Royal Enfield'!
If you wouldn't mind do you have a part number or any information how much etc? I really like the exhaust.
Thanks - Joe

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:06 pm

After dithering for about two years, I think I'm going to finally take the camshaft plunge.

Rockers & Cams
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

I spoke with the folks at Megacycle last week, and they gave me the info that I was seeking. They recommended the 'fast scrambles' camshaft profile (#121-60), based upon what I already had. Additionally, they recommended sending my rocker arms in to get hard-faced. I found both a set of cams and a set of rockers on eBay, so when I'm ready to do the deed (and when I have the $$$!), I'll be ready to go.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Those are the SPECIAL rockers with t he oil hole in the center of the contact area and you can see they have failed and are badly scared.
Fortunately the shop is going to rebuild that area.
It seems that was a BAD DESIGN CHANGE!, ,,,,,,,,,,,,.........lm
Vince Lupo wrote:After dithering for about two years, I think I'm going to finally take the camshaft plunge.

Rockers & Cams
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

I spoke with the folks at Megacycle last week, and they gave me the info that I was seeking. They recommended the 'fast scrambles' camshaft profile (#121-60), based upon what I already had. Additionally, they recommended sending my rocker arms in to get hard-faced. I found both a set of cams and a set of rockers on eBay, so when I'm ready to do the deed (and when I have the $$$!), I'll be ready to go.

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:13 am

Could I conceivably have trouble with these rockers down the road? Should I think about using the rockers that are currently in the bike instead?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home