Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Are Honda Dream clutch's hard to pull

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Are Honda Dream clutch's hard to pull

Post by FluteTears » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:44 am

I have put a rebuilt clutch, new cable and lubed up everything and I still have a beast of a pull on the clutch. My hand get real tired of squeezing the clutch. Is this just the way they are?

The original clutch was hard to pull as well. At this rate I may have to get out the hand springs and beef up the hand LOL

Brad
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Are Honda Dream clutch's hard to pull

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 pm

How did ya route the cable and is it longer than stock?. .......lm

FluteTears wrote:I have put a rebuilt clutch, new cable and lubed up everything and I still have a beast of a pull on the clutch. My hand get real tired of squeezing the clutch. Is this just the way they are?

The original clutch was hard to pull as well. At this rate I may have to get out the hand springs and beef up the hand LOL

Brad

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Post by FluteTears » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Ok I will try a photo.
The red arrow is pointing to the lube fitting
cable was the same length as the old one

cable from left side of headlight at the hole on the side to the right side of bike into hole on frame down tube into air cleaner out side cover to clutch. Now notice that my cable is more to the back of the cover.
Attachments
Clutch cable
Clutch cable
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:55 pm

I suppose ya did fill the threads on the adjuster and inside the part it fits into with high temp grease. How many friction disc in the clutch.
I'm also concerned that when the kick lever is folded in that it isn't indexed to 11:00. ...............lm

FluteTears wrote:Ok I will try a photo.
The red arrow is pointing to the lube fitting
cable was the same length as the old one

cable from left side of headlight at the hole on the side to the right side of bike into hole on frame down tube into air cleaner out side cover to clutch. Now notice that my cable is more to the back of the cover.

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Post by FluteTears » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:I suppose ya did fill the threads on the adjuster and inside the part it fits into with high temp grease. How many friction disc in the clutch.
I'm also concerned that when the kick lever is folded in that it isn't indexed to 11:00. ...............lm

Well that is an old photo and yes I have changed that kick start lever it is very close to 11:00 now. As to the clutch well umm you built it for me LOL. This is that pain in the ### in Denver. As too a hint the Dove was not that good for shooting this year.

Brad
AKA Flute Tears in Denver riding all I can
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:37 pm

I thought that was the one I sold ya. Is there plenty of grease in the adjuster threads? The cable does go in nice smooth turns?. ........lm

FluteTears wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:I suppose ya did fill the threads on the adjuster and inside the part it fits into with high temp grease. How many friction disc in the clutch.

Well that is an old photo and yes I have changed that kick start lever it is very close to 11:00 now. As to the clutch well umm you built it for me LOL. This is that pain in the ### in Denver. As too a hint the Dove was not that good for shooting this year.

Brad
AKA Flute Tears in Denver riding all I can

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Post by FluteTears » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:03 pm

Well I put grease in the cable nipple but not at the ends I will do that this weekend and look at the turn in the air cleaner it would be the sharpest turn in the setup. Something is binding to be sure today's ride I had a popping of the cable as I squeezed it a not smooth but dragging feel. Starting to wonder about how good the new cable is.
Thanks
Brad
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home