Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda C200

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Tonight I solved my speedometer lighting problem. I couldn't find those really tiny 6 volt bulbs that go in there so I got a few LED's, a few 220 OHM resisters, some small heat shrink and two burnt out bulbs and made a LED bulb that now will last for years, burns basically no juice and is very reliable so for those of you who have never seen it done, here's a pictorial of the process. I bet you all had enough of these pictures by now!

It will soon be all over. The bike is 95% completed! Paul

Below shows epoxy poured into socket before placing LED in there.

WOW! I think I see the light!!

rrekr
honda305.com Member

Post by rrekr » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Paul,
You have got to be the most resourceful person I have ever seen. Do you ever get stymied?
The fuel line looks great and the solution to the 6V instrument lamp problem is a stroke of genius! Keep 'em coming, nobody is getting bored. Also, it appears you are about ready to post the finished product, I look forward to it.
Thanks,Randy

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:27 pm

rrekr wrote:Paul,
You have got to be the most resourceful person I have ever seen. Do you ever get stymied?
The fuel line looks great and the solution to the 6V instrument lamp problem is a stroke of genius! Keep 'em coming, nobody is getting bored. Also, it appears you are about ready to post the finished product, I look forward to it.
Thanks,Randy
Thanks Randy but I can't take credit for it all. I read about the bulb trick some time ago somewhere on the net related to a 12 volt system so I figured I would try and make it adapt to a 6 volt system but they didn't show any illustrations of how it was done and I said to myself that some day I'm going to try it so when the need came and I had to do it I snapped a few pics in the process to show everyone.

I can take credit for the fuel line idea though. I've been doing that for some time and I used the stuff I posted on last year which can be viewed here http://honda305.com/forum/index.htm

Hey, Living in Newfoundland which is on an island don't allow you to walk next door and pick up the right part so you have to try and come up with a suitable substitution and so far it's all worked.

Well the bike is done. I would have liked to have a new seat cover by now but the supplier is off on vacation for a few more weeks but the original seat is about an 8 out of 10 so I'll probably soon post some pictures as she is now and replace the seat cover in a few weeks. Thanks again Randy

STAY TUNED. COMPLETED PICTURES COMING SOON SO KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN!Image

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Ok. Here's the finished bike. The only thing left to do is the seat cover but it will be a few weeks before I see it so I decided to show her now and take a break from posting all these pictures.

Thanks everyone for your interest. I hope all of this has helped someone out there and that some of you enjoyed looking at me work on this project. Remember. "Don't scrap them, repackage them" !

See ya everyone!!!! Paul Image

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:54 pm

Outstanding Paul, the blue was absolutely the way to go. Another fantastic job, thanks for sharing!

rrekr
honda305.com Member

Post by rrekr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:24 pm

Paul,
The restomod turned out great. If this is to be your swansong, you're truly going out in style. I've
enjoyed following your efforts on the motorcycles you have undertaken to resurrect. Maybe you could start Paul's Motorcycle Museum and if I am ever in Newfoundland............
I appreciate your sharing with us, Randy

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:52 am

Thanks Guys. Glad you like the old gal. I'm happy to see it completed. This morning I started at the last bike I'll be doing which is the 84 Passport. She's all apart and I even got her sandblasted. The next time you see this one it will be completed.
My wife snapped a picture of what we'll call the new fashion statement here in Newfoundland. She laughed when she noticed me walking out to the sandblasting area when these on. Hey it's the only way to keep the sand from getting into your socks! Thanks again and ride safe! Paul

1984 C70 Passport 12 volt CDI

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home