Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

help needed in west michigan.

greg78gs750
honda305.com Member

help needed in west michigan.

Post by greg78gs750 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi all. Bit of a (re)introduction first:

My name is greg, I live in Muskegon, Michigan. Been riding for about 15 years now, my main bike is a 1983 suzuki gs1100es. Few years ago, i picked up a 67 Dream 305 for my wife, rode it around a bit, till the first time i got it really hot and it puked oil everywhere. Broke the engine down to find 2 broken rings in one of the cylinders. Figured i would do a total rebuild, broke everything down, split the cases, etc, then got, to use some Pirsig-ese, stuck.

Engine has been sitting in pieces for a while now. I could use some help getting things back together. I had trouble getting the big oil seal on the starter clutch side to stay put, kept sliding out on me. I also think i got a bad bore on the cylinders, the clearances seem too big. ALSO, i think my 3rd over rings are just not right, in terms of the ring end gap seems wrong to me.

Honestly, it has been a long time since i have even thought about it. But i really want to get rolling on this project again.

If there is anyone out there in the area that could give me a hand, advice, and an extra set of eyes on things, i would really appreciate it!!!

Just making this post is progress...i will become more of a regular in an attempt to kick myself into gear.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Greg

Goodysnap
honda305.com Member

rebuild

Post by Goodysnap » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 am

Hello Greg

I'm on the other side of the state from you but i would be willing to help you as much as I can. Been a few years since I went through my superhawk but its been running good and Ive been riding it every year.Feel free to email me directly. Do you have Bill Silvers repair manuals? They helped me a ton.

goodysnap@att.net

Brent
64' CB77
65' CB160

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home