Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Get a title

lifewithoutparole
honda305.com Member

Get a title

Post by lifewithoutparole » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Here in Florida they are very tough on getting a title. they will though, search a vin number for free and you can see if it is stolen. If it is stolen though, they are sending the sheriff to your house! I bought a bike with a salvage title from Oklahoma once and it took 3 trips (with the bike on a trailer) to the DMV in a town 30 miles away to finally get the title. One of the things that blow their minds is the frame and engine numbers not matching. Until the early 70's (I think) this was common and even though they could see the factory tag riveted on the frame showing the frame and engine numbers they would not issue a title. I had to get an attorney and a threatening letter to get them to issue the title. It was a nightmare and I will never go for a bike without a title.

cadman
honda305.com Member

Post by cadman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Try it in Texas - almost impossible

mike1969
honda305.com Member

title

Post by mike1969 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:58 pm

I don't know of anyway in Pa. either. No title= Very large paperweight.

It makes me wonder if the really old bikes from the teens and twenties seen on television shows like American Pickers have titles. You these them dragging frames from a field and how they sell them or restore them. Is getting titles for extremely old bikes easier than the newer ones?
I've seen them refuse to buy bikes without titles, always newer ones.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home