Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

C77 wheel kits on Ebad.

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:19 am

Scott

Have you spoken to Colin Cambell? He might have some experience to help you.

http://www.campbellclassicmotorcycles.com.au/index.htm

In the UK we have Central Wheel who build up rims and spokes for pretty much anything. I managed to find some NOS Dream rims but have also had some successfully replated for about £70 each. Where possible, I have my original spokes replated with zinc and rebuild them myself.

http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/rims/rim ... edure.html

This is a pair of replated rims and spokes for my CB77 project. Total cost about £180.

Wheels Built by graham.curtis, on Flickr

Good luck

G
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

conbs
honda305.com Member

Post by conbs » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:29 am

The Apex listing is for rims/spokes for "two complete wheels". It doesn't say whether it is for front and back or two fronts or two backs. The part numbers are different for front and back rims and A/B spokes. I can't say for sure but believe it is because the hubs are different sizes so would require different angles in the rims and different lengths of spokes.

I have never re-laced a wheel but, have seen a lot of posts regarding the frustration of getting the right rims/spoke angles.

If it were me I would at least want to confirm that information before ordering.

Hahnda
honda305.com Member

Post by Hahnda » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:25 am

Downunder dream wrote: My concern with the apexcycle kits is the nipple appears to sit hard on the inside edge of the rim and so does the spoke coming out of the nipple. The spoke seems to have a slight bend from there towards the hub. (Third image of wheel-close up).

Scott.
I noticed this also. It also looks like the nipple diameter might be a bit small for the hole in the rim. More than likely the rims are drilled to a generic angle the will hopefully work in most applications but not ideal for all.

I have laced up a set of Union Cycle rims. They weren't for a Honda but a Bridgestone. In that case it all worked out quite well as far as spoke angle and fit of spokes. Nice looking rims for the price.

apexcycle
honda305.com Member

CA77 wheel kits

Post by apexcycle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:36 am

The spokes lengths are same for front/rear. the spoke kits are nice, the rims are not show quality, but better than the spendy alternative. I have sold dozens and dozens of these kits with very little flack.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home