Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Apex Cycle

Tinman
honda305.com Member

Re: apex

Post by Tinman » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:02 pm

rustywrench wrote:To whom it may concern:
I for one have not had any history with apex but having just read Tom's heartfelt and sincere plea to bury the hatchet so to speak; I would say to all here that we should let bygones be bygones and give the guy another chance to gain our trust.
That said, let there be no further Apex bashing from this day forward lest he prove otherwise.
Just my two cents for what it's worth. Rusty
X2, well said there Rusty!

conbs
honda305.com Member

Apex Cycle

Post by conbs » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:42 am

I guess I am from Missouri...

I can't speak from experience but am plenty leery of ordering from Apex based on horror stories posted here. That said, everyone on this site would love to have another place to get parts, including me.

Suggestion for a good place for Apex to start: How about a personal call to all the people who had a problem with a past order and making it right? If THEY report here that they heard directly from Tom and got their money back or got their part or whatever, that would give all of us a place to start. That would show everyone that he really is working on rebuilding trust.

I am hoping Tom will get things worked out. Reconciliation is a powerful thing.

black55tbird
honda305.com Member

Apex phone number

Post by black55tbird » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:50 pm

I would possibly give him a chance, I like to deal over the phone to get my answers, but he does not have a phone number listed on his site. How do you reach Tom Day?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Apex phone number

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:38 pm

As I have been a member of the forum for some time I do recall some complaints about the quality of the parts he offered on eBay.
If he wants to be back in the graces of those previous buyers he may want to reply to this question.
I see you are offering a DREAM WHEEL set. Rim and Spokes.
The same item you offered previously was incorrect as when the wheel was laced with your parts the spokes were bent where the nipple came out of the rim.
As this is unsafe for riding (spokes will flex and come loose) have you changed the parts you now offer (RIM) so buyers will get safe quality parts?. ...........lm

I JUST LOOKED AT THE PIC OF THE DREAM WHEEL KIT HE IS OFFERING AND LOOKS TO ME LIKE THE ANGLE OF THE NIPPLE IS WRONG AND THE SPOKE BENDS NEAR THE NIPPLE. NOT SAFE!
WHAT NOW TOM?

black55tbird wrote:I would possibly give him a chance, I like to deal over the phone to get my answers, but he does not have a phone number listed on his site. How do you reach Tom Day?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home