Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

engine mount bolts

drab
honda305.com Member

engine mount bolts

Post by drab » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello,

I just put my engine back into the frame and was looking at the parts book and noticed that there are 5 engine mount bolts. When I removed the engine, I also have 5 bolts, but looking at the engine and frame, there seems to be a setup for 6 bolts.
There is the long top hanger bolt, the smaller bolt at the top, and then two sets of two bolts each lower down. I circled them in the image attached.
Is there any reason why one of the two lower areas for a bolt would be left empty?

Thanks

Dan
Attachments
frame.jpg

48lesco
honda305.com Member

Post by 48lesco » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 pm

There should be six; two top hangars and 4 rear. The picture only shows three at the rear, but the description does show 4. The lower rear bolt on the left side is replaced with a longer one if the optional side stand is installed. That picture also shows the lock washers under the bolt head. That's not right either, they should go on the other side against the nut. When it comes to these 60's parts fiches, "Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear" (Edgar Allan Poe). I may have a spare nut and bolt if you need it, and I would strongly recommend using all 6.

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

Post by Hoosier Tom » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 pm

It takes 6 bolts, 2 upper and 4 lower. You want them all in.

HT

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: engine mount bolts

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm

The book will offer the parts numbers on another sheet and how many of each. ........lm
drab wrote:Hello,

I just put my engine back into the frame and was looking at the parts book and noticed that there are 5 engine mount bolts. When I removed the engine, I also have 5 bolts, but looking at the engine and frame, there seems to be a setup for 6 bolts.
There is the long top hanger bolt, the smaller bolt at the top, and then two sets of two bolts each lower down. I circled them in the image attached.
Is there any reason why one of the two lower areas for a bolt would be left empty?

Thanks

Dan

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home