Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 Coil

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
Eck
honda305.com Member

CA77 Coil

Post by Eck » Sat May 11, 2013 12:32 pm

I have the original plastic coil (wired directly to it) and need to replace as one of my wires is shot. Can someone tell me what kind of coil I can use on my 68 Ca77 and where to get it. I will have to get wires also, do I make my own or does someone sell the correct length and cap? I'm sure this has been discussed so pardon me if my search skills aren't up to par.

Thanks

Eck

Tinman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tinman » Sat May 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Eck,

Check out the link below, this is what I used on my 64'. It fits right into the existing OEM bracket without modification and it works fine. At the bottom of the ad it shows its multi applications, you just got to scroll to the bottom to read them.

You will need to find some 7mm solid core spark plug wires and cut them to length. What I found at my local NAPA Auto Parts store was some solid stainless steel wire that works well, others prefer the copper solid core wire but I couldn't locate any so I went with the stainless steel. Also while you're spending money, pick up 2 new NGK 5ohm resistor spark plug caps, they're only several dollars apiece. That should help get you started.

Tinman

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-Ignition- ... 2c6801011f

cadman
honda305.com Member

Post by cadman » Sat May 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Almost any twin lead Honda coil. Early 350-500 and 750 work well. I have actually used an automotive coil and spliced the plug wires together. Both plugs fire together all the time.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home