Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Missing Needle Jet

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
Glenardo
honda305.com Member

Missing Needle Jet

Post by Glenardo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Oh what a week.. So it all started w/ my left carb sticking, so while trying to remove the carb I drop and crack the tank, ( see my other post) so I get the tank fixed fix and sand/smooth out the carb slide bore. But when I put it back together the left carb is flooding out. After messing w/ it all afternoon I notice the main jet holder threads in deeper than the right carb. Upon further investigation, I realize the needle jet is missing from inside the carb!!!

So a couple questions:
If I remember right, they press in from the bottom, so what are the chances it fell out in the garage and not sucked into the cylinder?? How can I easily check?

Where do I get a replacement needle jet??

Thanks!!!

48lesco
honda305.com Member

Post by 48lesco » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Hey Mr. G - It fell out the bottom; can't go thru to the venturi. If you don't find it, I'm sure somebody on the forum has one.

Glenardo
honda305.com Member

Post by Glenardo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Yeah I figured that out when I took a closer look at the the other carb. The good news is that I luckily found the jet under the car. Finally got it together and running. Now the right side is running a little rich, black sooty plug. I'll mess w/ it some more tomorrow..

48lesco
honda305.com Member

Post by 48lesco » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Hey good for you! Don't be afraid to set those floats up a couple of mm higher than spec. to lower the fuel level in the bowl a bit.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home