Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Old Dream on the American Music Awards

clhiller
honda305.com Member

Old Dream on the American Music Awards

Post by clhiller » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Did you see the old Dream that Christina Aguilera used as a prop during her performance? First JCP and now Christina! These old classics are gettin' their mojo back!

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Post by FluteTears » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Well now I missed that Hmm someone find a photo of that.
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

bbap
honda305.com Member

Post by bbap » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm

at about the 2 minute mark for the best shot of a white dream:

http://www.voxxi.com/christina-aguilera ... -2012-ama/
CA78 - 3111XX - Frame
CA77E - 3161XX - Engine

Downunder dream
honda305.com Member
Location: Australia,Mornington Peninsula, South East of Melbourne

Post by Downunder dream » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:44 am

Well done. Don't think it will skyrocket prices though. Nice that they used a daily rider rather than a museum piece. I can just imagine dads and daughters watching this clip intently for different reasons.

conbs
honda305.com Member

Dream gets dissed

Post by conbs » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:28 am

So I watched the AMA clip and I was left with this nagging question: How does a bike that's racy and sporty like the Superhawk end up in movies with Elvis and Barbara Stanwick and Al Pacino and a Honda shot with Steve McQueen and even a JC Penny's ad, but a bike as beautiful and classic as a Dream ends up in a freak-show expo with Christina Aguilera? I was especially struck by the guy that rips off his pants to expose his "star". "Let There Be Love"?

Perhaps with respect to the Dream it is just the art of juxtaposing things that are opposites to drive home their essence, but even if so, I doubt if it is going to increase prices of Dreams any and it may actually cause people to inspect the seat closely before sitting on such a bike.

I do concede that having a shot of a Dream with Oyler probably does Dream owners some good. But, I am curious. Am I just emphasizing my age and lack of "art" appreciation here or do any other Dream owners feel like we have gotten a little dissed?

pknopp
honda305.com Member

Post by pknopp » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 pm

My wife and daughter was watching and I recall her singing but I wasn't paying attention. Nice catch.

No, I can't imagine it having any bearing on prices.

primer63
honda305.com Member

Re: Dream gets dissed

Post by primer63 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm

conbs wrote:So I watched the AMA clip and I was left with this nagging question: How does a bike that's racy and sporty like the Superhawk end up in movies with Elvis and Barbara Stanwick and Al Pacino and a Honda shot with Steve McQueen and even a JC Penny's ad, but a bike as beautiful and classic as a Dream ends up in a freak-show expo with Christina Aguilera? I was especially struck by the guy that rips off his pants to expose his "star". "Let There Be Love"?

Perhaps with respect to the Dream it is just the art of juxtaposing things that are opposites to drive home their essence, but even if so, I doubt if it is going to increase prices of Dreams any and it may actually cause people to inspect the seat closely before sitting on such a bike.

I do concede that having a shot of a Dream with Oyler probably does Dream owners some good. But, I am curious. Am I just emphasizing my age and lack of "art" appreciation here or do any other Dream owners feel like we have gotten a little dissed?
I thought the circus had come to town...

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home