Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Ca 77/78 original color

jensey
honda305.com Member

Post by jensey » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 am

Hi,

A black dream is nice and obviously the original colour, since most dreams were black at that time.

Any pictures of this colour experiment ?

Jensen
assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Post by FluteTears » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Sounds like you have a mutt......
Paint it the color you want but take it all down to that last bolt and paint the insides and work your way back. I have seen this done on bikes and cars and if done right you would not know if there was a color change or not.
I don't think I have ever seen a color code on Dreams unlike cars that have a color codes.
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

Gadgitman
honda305.com Member

Post by Gadgitman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:58 pm

I have pics of the ca77 on one of my blogs, just google gadgitmans Honda chronicals and you can see a some of my Hondas. The build of my custom classic Honda is on gadgitmansplace , chalopy and some Asian custom bike web sights. I just took some pix but am having probs posting from my iPhone on here, I don't have a Internet comp, the latest pix are on google+ by Mark Eckert. I do think it will end up black, it's so fun to ride I will wait to take it apart until I have all the parts in hand I need. I am still looking for a battery cover and a solo seat. Thanks for all the help!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home