honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

New to bikes, first Dream, just saying hi to everyone!

styxjr
honda305.com Member

New to bikes, first Dream, just saying hi to everyone!

Post by styxjr » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

Wanted a bike all my life (I'm approaching 50) and finally got one, a '66 Dream 305. Not a mechanic, just got my M1 license (Ontario) and loving the bike so far! This forum has been great and I'm looking forward to reading even more of it as I go. Hopefully I can pay it forward as I learn more.

I decided to ride it first this season (what's left of it), and then think about restoring it. The gentleman I bought it from was (and still is) extremely helpful and had it in running condition for me. It just needed a speedo cable and air filter and I was good to go. Having some throttle issues now but working through it with the help of Cherubrashka on this forum. Hope to post a restoration thread here when I start down that road.

Cheers!

photo3 by styxjr, on Flickr

photo4 by styxjr, on Flickr

photo5 by styxjr, on Flickr

Cheburashka
honda305.com Member

Post by Cheburashka » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:57 am

Welcome to the forum.

I'm a relative newcomer here, but I've always found it to be a great place to get information and to make good connections.

That's a nice looking Dream. Relatively complete, although I don't see the side covers on it.

It's nice that you have the turn signals on it. I spent a very long time putting together everything needed to get signals on mine. I think they're an important safety feature.

Tango911
honda305.com Member

Post by Tango911 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:11 am

glad you finally got a bike. I love my dream. Im sure you will love yours.
ENJOY!!!

pknopp
honda305.com Member

Post by pknopp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:15 am

Nothing like using arm signals and having everyone think you are waving at them. LOL

It's an interesting color scheme.

Enjoy the riding.

jdstoner
honda305.com Member

Welcome

Post by jdstoner » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 pm

Welcome, I am fairly new here; wish my bike was in as good condition as yours.

I did ride mine back in 1974 the last year it ran when it was my dads.

Good luck with your restore, looks good to me.

styxjr
honda305.com Member

Post by styxjr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Cheburashka wrote:Welcome to the forum.

I'm a relative newcomer here, but I've always found it to be a great place to get information and to make good connections.

That's a nice looking Dream. Relatively complete, although I don't see the side covers on it.

It's nice that you have the turn signals on it. I spent a very long time putting together everything needed to get signals on mine. I think they're an important safety feature.
I think the signals are required by law here in Ontario? If by side covers you mean the gas tank badges, yeah, lm directed me to the right ones - just gotta find 'em.

styxjr
honda305.com Member

Post by styxjr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:45 pm

pknopp wrote:Nothing like using arm signals and having everyone think you are waving at them. LOL

It's an interesting color scheme.

Enjoy the riding.
LOL, that's hilarious! At least they'd know you're friendly?! The color scheme was done by the previous owner. He only got as far as painting the back wheel before selling. I didn't like it at first but I've got a lot of comments on it. It's growing on me. Everyone says it makes it look more retro. Eventually I'll repaint it and I might just keep the same scheme.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home