Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Superhawk picture.

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
See-Bee77R
honda305.com Member

Superhawk picture.

Post by See-Bee77R » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Yes, thats it. I seem to remember sending that pic to somebody, and now it's here. Small world!

Hahnda
honda305.com Member

Post by Hahnda » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:05 am

Yep you sent it to me a few months back. Would like to hear more details about those carb mods. On a side note anybody heard of or thought about using kawi H1 carbs on a CB77? Thought I saw some info on that somewhere but now I can't remember.

See-Bee77R
honda305.com Member

750 carb swap

Post by See-Bee77R » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:53 pm

To put the 750 carbs on my bike, I made some aluminum adapters to bolt to the head, and then used Kawasaki 900-1000 carb manifolds to bolt to them. I used them only because I have so much Kaw stuff, I didn't want to buy new ones. The bolt pattern was just a bit off, so instead of ruining the manifolds, I made the adapters. I then matched the port size to the manifold. I use velocity stacks from a stock 900-1000 Kaw airbox, and some screens over the end, made from some kitchen strainers with the handle cut off. No, really. And they fit perfectly. Jetting was straight forward enough by going up 1 size on the pilot, and increasing the main and raising the needle to the bottom notch. Cables fit right in. I don't remember what main jet I ended on as I did this several years ago. But it has open megs, and runs great. Pulls hard to redline and way over if you can stand the buzz. If you have those carbs, do the swap. You will like it. Oh yeah, I advanced the timing a bit, maybe 5 degrees or so, and made it come in a little quicker too. That combustion chamber needs a bit of help, as it's kind of a dirty burner, so it liked the higher advance. The whole combo with the taller gearing makes for a very nice combo, and a powerband you can actually feel. I' not sure about the 2 stroke carbs on the four stroke, as the idle circuitry and low speed fuel metrering requirements are different. I put 2 stroke Lectrons on a raced 1000 Kaw years ago, and they were awesome, but the idle circuit was too small and required a higher idle speed to keep it going. Saw Eddies Lawson's old Kaw 1000 superbike with the Blue Max carbs on it, and talked to Rob Muzzy, and he said the same thing. "Won't idle under 4000 rpm, but we don't race at that rpm"

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home