□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Apexcycle

milwaukeephil
honda305.com Member

Post by milwaukeephil » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 am

I escalated my dispute to a claim a last week and STILL can't get any communication out of the guy. At this point he's off the deep end and just stealing money or he's got bigger problems to deal with.

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:53 pm

I guess I have to count myself amongst the lucky. I bought an S90 muffler from him and it would not fit. I was able to get in touch with him and he said he's sold lots of them and never had a complaint. I cannot remember the exact issue, but it was a bracket/fit-up problem.

I sent it back to him and he refunded my money. I will say that he was tough to communicate with. I think he said he travels a lot, maybe for his day job. That would explain the long periods with no communication.

My only guidance here is to be persistant. I was and got satisfaction.

That S90 muffler was not the best quality either. I ended up finding a used original on ebay and needless to say, it fit like a glove.

regards,
Rob

bulterier
honda305.com Member

Post by bulterier » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:37 am

Thank you Paypal!

I received the following email from Paypal this morning:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXXXXX.XXXXX
We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $XX.XX USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just hope he does have sufficient funds in his account to cover as this was brought up by Paypal. Hope everyone else owned funds or items from Apex Cycle gets their issue resolved as well.
1966 Honda Cb450 Black Bomber
1967 Honda CL77 Scrambler
1967 Honda CB77 Superhawk
1969 Honda S90
1972 Honda CB750

apexcycle
honda305.com Member

making amends

Post by apexcycle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Let me start by telling my experience. In the beginning Apex cycle had a great following which provided me and my family a good living. Then the Thailand guys started digging into the business and my earnings started to dwindle. So I scrambled to find more income and a new business was born which took all my time and energy. Then I lost someone close to me in a tragic event. I fell into a terrible funk and dropped the ball on all my faithful customers. I do not want to sound like a whiner and I do not want you to feel sorry for me. Rather, I am the one that is sorry to all that I let down and disappointed. I will do my best to provide the best service possible...but I understand if the trust has been breached beyond repair.
Regards
Tom Day

SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:16 am

Im newish here and im sorry to hear all that have lost money, so thanks guys for the info on Apex cycle it is very good to know about this dealer, I have spent a lot of money on the CB77 I have just purchased and I have not had any problems with all the dealers I have used so far as im not working now retired I thank you for your feedback.

I have not used Apex but I will delete the bookmark I have of them.

Good dealers deserve praise so here's a few of mine I have had good service from im sure there are lots more.

David Silver in UK
FOUR INTO ONE in USA
SPROCKETS UNLIMITED in UK
CMS
M & P in UK

And all the EBay I have had dealings with have been OK just see there feedback of the seller first.

One last thing if any one do's order from Apexcycle and gets good service from this date could they let us know some times a leopard can change it's spots.

17again
honda305.com Member

Post by 17again » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Bringing up this old thread just to let folks know-

I have purchased the entire remaining inventory of Apex Cycle, just returned from driving across the country with a chock full 16' box truck--Bellingham Washington to Oneonta NY.

There are TONS of stuff that I need to go thru and inventory. I do know that I have several sets of the Asian CB77, CA77 and CA95 exhausts/mufflers. I think there are CB77 seats, various handlebars, CA 77/95 side covers in black and red, C100 plastic sets etc. etc. 300 CB77 condensers and 700 spoke sets for CA77 and that doesn't even put a dent in the pile.

Lots of various cables, gasket sets, to be honest with you it is overwhelming how much stuff there is.

I have heard that guys have had trouble with the 300cc valves they sold. If that is common I think it would be better to just throw them away than try to sell them--input on this please? If it is just an isolated case or two then I will think different. I would not want a valve I sold to ruin an engine.

Being an enthusiast, I care about what I sell to other enthusiasts. I do not want to sell parts that I would not want to buy myself. I am well known in the North East Vintage Bike community as the founder of the Covered Bridge Vintage Tour which was changed to the Lobster Pot Vintage tour when I moved to Maine. Also have been a past Co Director of the spring Moto Giro USA for the last two years and am an active USCRA vintage racer on a Honda C110, 50cc.

So, if you are in the market for the type of parts I have, let me know. I hope to be up and running in a month or so, but could start shipping as soon as late the week after next. Prices will be less than the TOTAL cost of an item from Asia (total cost = price plus shipping cost), plus you can call me if you have a question and shipping takes days, not months.

Thank you,
Jack Cole
Oneonta NY, and Bar Harbor ME

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:34 am

Quite a trip!

Good to know you are out there....let us know when you when you have inventory and prices available.

Would love to see some pics of your c110....that was my first street legal bike!
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home