□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Apexcycle

mattjne
honda305.com Member

Post by mattjne » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:05 am

rrietman wrote:I get a little tired of the bad mouthing of Tom here. I've known him as a friend for many years and have done a lot of busines with him. he can be a little cranky. his parts are what they are. they are NOT misrepresented. It's a tough business with slim margins. give him a break and don't expect the world at his bargain prices.
Randy
Don't know 'Tom,' but I appreciate anybody with enthusiasm for good old bikes and helps people keep em on the road. I don't know anything about him being cranky. Also don't know about how he represents his items because I never received anything. Apex made the charge, did not communicate, did not send item, and had to be forced to refund. Maybe he just isn't able to keep up with internet sales? My guess is that maybe the interwebz just aint his thing? If he were local for me, I'd be glad to do business with him, but my on-line experience is what it is.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:15 am

His eBay feedback "Speaks for Itself". .......lm

rrietman wrote:I get a little tired of the bad mouthing of Tom here. I've known him as a friend for many years and have done a lot of busines with him. he can be a little cranky. his parts are what they are. they are NOT misrepresented. It's a tough business with slim margins. give him a break and don't expect the world at his bargain prices.
Randy

milwaukeephil
honda305.com Member

Post by milwaukeephil » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 am

Count me in as another customer Tom Day at Apex Cycle ripped off. Charged me via paypal for a CA77 clutch cable. No receipt, no contact, doesn't answer emails or phone calls. What a flake. You can defend him as much as you want, but I call it being a thief.

bulterier
honda305.com Member

Post by bulterier » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:33 pm

To all the Apex Cycle(out of Bellingham Washington) sympathizers out there;
Perhaps:

" YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!"----- concerning Tom Day's Business practices with Apex Cycle.

I noticed he no longer is selling on Ebay (under apexcycle) as well.
Still takes in/accepts money for products/orders he has no intention on filling. He also can not be reached via email nor phone calls.

As I mentioned in an earlier posting ( that was deleted by this forum)
I also sent in funds (via Paypal to Tom at Apex Cycle.)
For a Honda S90 muffler.
Four weeks later!- no parts have arrived from Apex Cycle- Tom will not return phone calls nor emails.
I am out nearly $100.00!!

So what am I supposed to do?!
Meanwhile, I am wasting time, since I could purchase the muffler from a reputable dealer. (even if it means going overseas)

I filed a dipute with Paypal and awaiting the course of action through them,
and hopefully receive my refund from them.

NEVER AGAIN AS WELL!! and I want the TRUTH to be Known!
Last edited by bulterier on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
1966 Honda Cb450 Black Bomber
1967 Honda CL77 Scrambler
1967 Honda CB77 Superhawk
1969 Honda S90
1972 Honda CB750

milwaukeephil
honda305.com Member

Post by milwaukeephil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Escalated my dispute to a claim. Tom has never once responded to email, calls, or even the PayPal dispute. Meanwhile, he has my money.
There is no excuse beyond w health issue, and even then somebody should be monitoring his business and issuing refunds.
More likely, the guy is just a common criminal.

bulterier
honda305.com Member

Post by bulterier » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:59 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues as well with Apex Cycle.

I also have escalated my Paypal dispute to a "claim" and awaiting further course of action.
As of yet, there has been no response from Apex to Paypal.

Perhaps he does not like selling over the internet.

But he sure has "accepting funds/monies from Paypal down to a science!"
1966 Honda Cb450 Black Bomber
1967 Honda CL77 Scrambler
1967 Honda CB77 Superhawk
1969 Honda S90
1972 Honda CB750

CBill77
honda305.com Member

Apexcycle - Beware

Post by CBill77 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:14 am

Never will do business again with Tom Day. Ripped me off. Paid through Paypal, nothing arrived, no response.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home