Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1st time building anything.

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
rzgkane
honda305.com Member

Post by rzgkane » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Johnny5 wrote:
Kigsby wrote:I was going to ask you if you made it! I bet you had a blast. We were planning on going and hubby got the flu on Friday and was a mess all weekend. Guess there's always next year.

Ohhh yea I made it, but my bike didn't do so well still having clutch problems, but yes there's always next year!!!
What kind of clutch problems? I just finished putting a clutch in my CA77 and I'm curious.

Johnny5
honda305.com Member

Post by Johnny5 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:33 pm

rzgkane wrote:
Johnny5 wrote:
Kigsby wrote:I was going to ask you if you made it! I bet you had a blast. We were planning on going and hubby got the flu on Friday and was a mess all weekend. Guess there's always next year.

Ohhh yea I made it, but my bike didn't do so well still having clutch problems, but yes there's always next year!!!
What kind of clutch problems? I just finished putting a clutch in my CA77 and I'm curious.
Well it wont adjust correctly, adjust it one way and it slips all the time then while riding adjust it the other and it stops slipping, but then wont down shift or go into neutral. Then on the way home from Daytona the clutch got so hard to pull that it hurt my hand and I had to shift without using the clutch, felt like something was binding up inside and I can't find anyone in my area who will help me fix it. Also I don't know enough about it to try without making it worse.

Johnny5
honda305.com Member

Post by Johnny5 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

WELL I got to take my Dream to a few shows, went out to Main Street Daytona during bike week, the antique motorcycle auction at the Volusia County Fair Grounds, and to the antique show out at Silver Sands in New Smyrna Beach, FL. But unfortunately I wrecked my fathers 1973 Kawasaki H2 a few months ago, the bike isn't very beat up one chamber smashed in a bit and the headlight ring ruined, nothing wrong with the paint or anything else really. I was also pretty lucky, came out with just a very broken foot, but just wanted to give an update if anyone cares...

And people are always asking me, "So no more motorcycles huh?" And I just say, "No more riding like that, because I love my bikes!!"

Top view of my foot.

Kigsby
honda305.com Member

Post by Kigsby » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:42 pm

OUCH!! That looks painful!! I'm sorry you got hurt, but glad it wasn't too bad.

Johnny5
honda305.com Member

Post by Johnny5 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Kigsby wrote:OUCH!! That looks painful!! I'm sorry you got hurt, but glad it wasn't too bad.
Thanks a lot!! Oh it truly didn't hurt until after the surgery and I think that was a bit mental, because the thought of having pins in my foot!! hahaha.

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:52 am

I broke my tibia and fibula 10 years ago, 2 plates and 18 screws! I got the same thing from people " no more motorcycles" , yeah right! Still riding, dirt, street, and vintage. "You don't stop riding motorcycles because you get old, you get old because you stop riding motorcycles" ! I had all of the hardware removed one year later, and within a week it felt better than after a year with the hardware in. I have a pic of x-ray somewhere, and I'll post it if i can find it.

Davo

Johnny5
honda305.com Member

Post by Johnny5 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:01 pm

davomoto wrote:I broke my tibia and fibula 10 years ago, 2 plates and 18 screws! I got the same thing from people " no more motorcycles" , yeah right! Still riding, dirt, street, and vintage. "You don't stop riding motorcycles because you get old, you get old because you stop riding motorcycles" ! I had all of the hardware removed one year later, and within a week it felt better than after a year with the hardware in. I have a pic of x-ray somewhere, and I'll post it if i can find it.

Davo
Oh yea man!! Post it!! Unfortunately mine are in there for good. But that's exactly it, I mean you get your heart broken, does that mean you stop dating? NO haha. I will forever love my motorcycles and cars.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home