Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CL77 for sale

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
AdamKosecki
honda305.com Member

CL77 for sale

Post by AdamKosecki » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:28 pm

I am selling my 66 CL77. It runs great. In the past year it has had the following done by a professional bike shop:

Rebuilt carbs
Clutch plates lubed
Points redone as well as other electrical repairs
New battery

And more stuff that I cannot remember. I have receipts for the work, totaling around $600. In short, it is mechanically very reliable and strong.

Cosmetically I'd say it's an 8 / 10. The non-original seat cover is starting to wear through in the ass, so that would need to be replaced. New covers cost about $40 and look much cooler than the very un-authentic one the previous owner put on this one. I'd say that's the biggest issue cosmetically. As you can see in the picture, the headlight can is dented on the right side where it bolts to the fork. I have a replacement for it that I plan on painting and putting on this week, so you can consider that issue taken care of. Mostly it just needs a good cleaning. It just looks kinda dirty. With a can of chrome polish, some elbow grease, a Saturday afternoon, and a 12er of Old Style you could have this baby looking incredible.

I was planning on replacing the seat, getting some knee pads for it, putting some flat/cafe haldebars on it, cleaning the hell out of it, and putting it up for sale at $2500. I would be willing to let it go in its current state for $1700.

I love this bike. The reason I'm selling it is because I'm moving to Chicago. I have a friend there who restores these bikes as a hobby and my replacement is already waiting for me.

Feel free to email me with any questions at adamkosecki ~AT~ gmail ~DOT~ com

-Adam
Los Angeles, 90027

AdamKosecki
honda305.com Member

Post by AdamKosecki » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Whoops, here's some pics!
Attachments
Right Side.jpg

AdamKosecki
honda305.com Member

Post by AdamKosecki » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:30 pm

Another...
Attachments
Top Left Side.jpg
"How much did you pay for your bad Moto Guzzi?"

AdamKosecki
honda305.com Member

Post by AdamKosecki » Tue May 08, 2007 12:05 pm

AdamKosecki
honda305.com Member

SOLD

Post by AdamKosecki » Tue May 29, 2007 4:03 pm

SOLD

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home