Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Oil leak from shifter.

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
deadbeathero
honda305.com Member

Oil leak from shifter.

Post by deadbeathero » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello everyone, I am new the the forum and I am very happy to have discovered it!

I bought a 69 Honda CA77 and have been tooling around with it for about a month now. The last thing I worked on with greasing up the throttle cable and that was last weekend 6/16. Today I go into the garage to find oil leaking from the change pedal.

Is there a seal that I will need to replace there at the change pedal? Also, the oil smells like gas, is that normal? Thanks for your time!

ironangel
honda305.com Member

Post by ironangel » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 am

the shift shaft seal is still available from honda dealers

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Oil leak from shifter.

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:24 pm

I have the seal here in KERRVILLE.
Did you change the oil?. ...lm
deadbeathero wrote:Hello everyone, I am new the the forum and I am very happy to have discovered it!

I bought a 69 Honda CA77 and have been tooling around with it for about a month now. The last thing I worked on with greasing up the throttle cable and that was last weekend 6/16. Today I go into the garage to find oil leaking from the change pedal.

Is there a seal that I will need to replace there at the change pedal? Also, the oil smells like gas, is that normal? Thanks for your time!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home