Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Rocker Arm Pickle

tkekfs
honda305.com Member

Rocker Arm Pickle

Post by tkekfs » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:16 pm

I am in a bit of a pickle with rocker arm reassembly on my 65 CA77.
When putting the pins back in I found there are two different sizes (and that I had accidentally gotten two mixed up).
I am now concerned that I may have swapped the rocker arms too (since I packed these parts as sets).
Are the rocker arms different from one another and if so how can you tell which are which?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Kevin.

fastjoe
honda305.com Member

rockers

Post by fastjoe » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:26 pm

they are all the same.
Joe

nmrtian
honda305.com Member

Post by nmrtian » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:15 pm

However, I think in general it is good practice to put parts back in the same places they came from even if they are "identical" simply because they will all have worn in a bit differently.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Rocker Arm Pickle

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:18 pm

As long as there is no excessive wear to the cams or rockers ya can install them in any location.
The shafts are no problem as long as the same is true and ya put the ones with the small oil holes at the intake side and the ones with the larger hole at the exhaust side. .........lm

tkekfs wrote:I am in a bit of a pickle with rocker arm reassembly on my 65 CA77.
When putting the pins back in I found there are two different sizes (and that I had accidentally gotten two mixed up).
I am now concerned that I may have swapped the rocker arms too (since I packed these parts as sets).
Are the rocker arms different from one another and if so how can you tell which are which?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Kevin.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home