Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1966 ca77 Transmission/Clutch Issues

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
kenkah
honda305.com Member

Post by kenkah » Wed May 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Went ahead and cleaned those up and everything seems to be working pretty good. Turns out I have a 5 disc setup and the wires were still in there I didnt bother replacing them as that look like a real P.I.T.A. and everything I was reading on older posts said they weren't needed. I only took it for a ride in my little driveway. hoping to take it for a nice little ride this weekend if I get a chance.

I'm sure I'll find some new issues. Was wondering what the gear order is suppose to be on a 66 ca77. I've seen that the order shold be 1-2-3-4-3-2-1. But I guess what i'm wondering is more like are pushing down on the gear shifter into 1st then 2nd and son and lifting back up through the gears. Or is it something different. The reason I ask is because I have to push down for 1st gear. Of course I may be an idiot and doing something wrong. This is my first motorcycle and the only other motorcycle I ever drove was on for the motrocycle safety course and they were pretty straight forward. I have heard of gears beings on 1 up 3 down 1 down 3 up scenarios too and was thinking maybe thats how these were.

Thanks again for the help with this.
LOUD MOUSE wrote:YA must remove the cover, spring bolts then remove the plates ya can and if the wires are still there remove them.
When ya have all the plates out I recommend ya use a wire wheel on a bench grinder to remove any rust or if ya don't have one us 100+- grit to break the rust. . ...........lm

kenkah wrote:If the clutch disks are stuck together what is the method of unsticking them with removing the side cover?

rzgkane
honda305.com Member

Post by rzgkane » Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Down once to go into first and then up to go into 2-3-4 respectively.

kenkah
honda305.com Member

Post by kenkah » Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Thats what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. How does that work with downshifting? Is it the same? I guess it just skips over neutral.
rzgkane wrote:Down once to go into first and then up to go into 2-3-4 respectively.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home