honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 wiring diagram... anyone know of an accurate one?...

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
rzgkane
honda305.com Member

CA77 wiring diagram... anyone know of an accurate one?...

Post by rzgkane » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Do any of you know of any true and correct CA77 wiring diagrams out there? All of the diagrams I have seen are for C77's that do contain a front parking light and winkers (which my '65 does not have), and do not contain a high beam indicator in the speedo (which my '65 does have). The diagrams I have seen also show a brown wire coming off the ignition switch and I do not have such a brown wire.

wesben
honda305.com Member

Post by wesben » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 am

I just got through re-wiring my bike and found the C77 color diagram to be invaluable. I don't think there is a better version out there. I just ignored the winker and front park light portions as they didn't apply to me either. I wired my high/low indicator in with the high beam wire. As for the brown wire it comes off the ML (meter lamp) terminal from the combo switch and goes to one of the lamps in the speedometer. Perhaps your combo siwtch doesn't have the ML or someone has replaced the brown wire?
64 CA77, 82 CB750C, 69 Mustang, 79 Vette, looking for next project

rzgkane
honda305.com Member

Post by rzgkane » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 pm

wesben wrote:I just got through re-wiring my bike and found the C77 color diagram to be invaluable. I don't think there is a better version out there. I just ignored the winker and front park light portions as they didn't apply to me either. I wired my high/low indicator in with the high beam wire. As for the brown wire it comes off the ML (meter lamp) terminal from the combo switch and goes to one of the lamps in the speedometer. Perhaps your combo siwtch doesn't have the ML or someone has replaced the brown wire?
Yeah, the brown wire is nowhere to be found on my ingition switch. My bike's using the green off the ignition switch to power the headlight and speedo illumination.

I don't have my bike or the diagram with me, but my recollection is that my bike is also using a different color wire (yellow, I think) for the pink wire from the stator to tap into. I think the pink from the stator is connecting through the ignition switch to the yellow wire leading from the switch to the rectifier.

Although the one we've all got access to via several sources is pretty darn close, there's got to be a CA77 diagram out there somewhere that is color-correct and I'd love to see it.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home