Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

restoration of a dutch honda cb72

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 am

Do the labels show the same or different item number?. ...........lm

lix wrote:I received the spokes from cetral wheel components. They all have a 90 degree angle... I asked if I had to send them a sample or make a drawing and it wasn't necessary. They had all the data for a honda cb72.

On the package is printed: "Spoke are replacements, not replicas. Some spokes may vary in length of bend or angle. When assembled and tensioned these spokes will bed and sit correctly in the hub.''

To me it seems impossible to use only 90 degree spokes???

P1010063 by Kristof Beheyt, on Flickr

lix
honda305.com Member

Post by lix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 am

the only thing mentioned is :

18" rear wheel honda cb72'

And the other:

'18" front wheel honda cb72'.
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Do the labels show the same or different item number?. ...........lm

lix wrote:I received the spokes from cetral wheel components. They all have a 90 degree angle... I asked if I had to send them a sample or make a drawing and it wasn't necessary. They had all the data for a honda cb72.

On the package is printed: "Spoke are replacements, not replicas. Some spokes may vary in length of bend or angle. When assembled and tensioned these spokes will bed and sit correctly in the hub.''

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:37 am

????????????????
Where is this seller located?. ..........lm

lix wrote:the only thing mentioned is :

18" rear wheel honda cb72'

And the other:

'18" front wheel honda cb72'.
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Do the labels show the same or different item number?. ...........lm

lix
honda305.com Member

Post by lix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:46 am

http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/ in the UK. I wrote an email and waiting for their answer.

lix
honda305.com Member

Post by lix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 am

Does anyone knows the right angle of the spokes? I read here 45 degrees but to me it looks a bit more. It's difficult to measure it.

lix
honda305.com Member

Post by lix » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 am

I got a reaction from the shop:

"on the card with the spokes it says that the spokes are replacements and not replicas and that the spokes supplied will work - these will be GE spokes tat we use ourselves when building the wheel"

Has anyone tried this before, lacing up a honda cb 72/77 wheel with only 90 degree spokes?

In the meanwhile I received the vapourblasted parts and they look very nice!

P1010071 by Kristof Beheyt, on Flickr

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:00 am

If HONDA installed certain angle spokes ya can get that's what I'd use.
If the shop uses only 90 degree spokes with a CB72/77 rim I'd go elsewhere. ...........lm

lix wrote:I got a reaction from the shop:

"on the card with the spokes it says that the spokes are replacements and not replicas and that the spokes supplied will work - these will be GE spokes tat we use ourselves when building the wheel"

Has anyone tried this before, lacing up a honda cb 72/77 wheel with only 90 degree spokes?

In the meanwhile I received the vapourblasted parts and they look very nice!

P1010071 by Kristof Beheyt, on Flickr

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home