Admirers

New to restorations - need a CA77 Wiring harness

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
tmsbrown
honda305.com Member

New to restorations - need a CA77 Wiring harness

Post by tmsbrown » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:06 am

My quick story:

I had a brother that died of Cancer when he was age 14 - I was 11. My dad had a wonderful 1965 CA77 that looked and ran excellent. A few months after my brother's death, my father was forced to sell his work truck, some tools, and of course - his motorcycle in order to pay for my brother's hospital bills. Fast forward to 2011 - I was looking for a restoration project - my 1st - when I stumbled on a CA77 about 3 hours from my home. Due to some title issues, the deal did not work out. Two days later, I made a few phone calls and by pure luck I happen to have found my father's EXACT bike. The bike is now in horrible shape, engine is locked up and someone gave it a very crappy paint job. I acquired the bike for next to nothing -but have a ton of work to do in order to complete it in time for a surprise birthday gift for my father. I have dissassembled the bike - have sent the frame and other components off to get painted...I am nearly complete with the engine rebuild process - and have sent all parts off to chrome. Now I am preparing for reassembly. I have had great success so far finding parts that I need - however I have ran into a huge snag - I can not find a decent wiring harness. Rats/mice ruined the original. I checked at several sites - but they inform me that they are not in stock. I have real reservations about buying a used one. Any suggestions?

Jethro
honda305.com Member

Post by Jethro » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:51 am

Hey nice work finding that bike!
Look in the wanted ads here. Bonsaibill is parting out a Dream.

Jethro

wesben
honda305.com Member

Post by wesben » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:47 am

tms,

How has your search for a harness gone? Have you considered making one of your own? I'm in a similar situation and thought I would give it a try. Looks like it could be fun acutally. I wonder why there is no one making these up as it seems like there could be a demand.

Wes

Kigsby
honda305.com Member

Post by Kigsby » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:57 am

I would buy one as well! I hate all things electric! If you want to have some "fun" Wes, build one for me too!

:-)

wesben
honda305.com Member

Post by wesben » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Ha, you probably wouldn't want one of mine, I'd expect the horn to blow when hitting the brake.

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

wiring

Post by rustywrench » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:11 am

tmsbrown,
Welcome and congrats on finding your fathers own bike after all these years. Rare indeed. I suggest you look around ebay, cl or a m/c bone yard for that harness. Try for a parts bike even if you need to travel a few miles it may solve the problem. Care must be taken with the parts bikes though, they breed and multiply in the garage when the wife isn't looking. Good luck and post pics with your progress. Rusty

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 am

66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home