Post by simpson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:19 pm

wesben
honda305.com Member

Post by wesben » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Simpson,

Mine is a 64
CA77E 106364
CA78 106333

I'm working on a new wiring harness at the moment and trying to sort out the ignition switch. I didn't do the disassembly so everything is a learning process for me.
64 CA77, 82 CB750C, 69 Mustang, 79 Vette, looking for next project

simpson
honda305.com Member

Post by simpson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:08 pm

If you want to take a look at mine, just buzz me.

The ignition switch is in both of mine.

-simpson

Nick
honda305.com Member

Post by Nick » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm also a Brit-bike guy who rides a Dream as well. You'll almost certainly find the Dream a welcome addition to your stable. I ride my Dream regularly, both to commute to work and whenever the weather/traffic is bad.
I found my Dream in a junkyard and paid $150 for it. Getting it running was cinch (for a Brit-bike guy!).

Strip the carb, clean it. Remove points cover, clean point contact surfaces of oxidization. Time points using the marks on the rotor (remove lower right side cover (3 screws). There are two timing marks and one TDC mark. Obviously, when static timing the bike use the timing mark closest to the TDC mark. Cellophane between the points works fine. Once the bike is running, use a strobe and the full advance timing mark.

Check tappet clearance.

Hook up a good battery, and she should fire.

Once she fires, put a voltmeter on the battery and check for a voltage rise when you rev the engine. Many Dreams got permanently parked because the rectifier blew and the battery wouldn't charge. (just like a Tri/BSA, etc.)

That's about it. Hope you enjoy the bike.

Funny story: Was talking story with a friend of mine who has a very nicely restored TR6. His bike was parked next to my Dream. Guy comes up and starts raving about my Dream, after about five minutes he says: "Oh, and that's a nice Triumph too."

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home