Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Throttle return spring

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
Eck
honda305.com Member

Throttle return spring

Post by Eck » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Anyone know where I can get one for a 66 Ca77 Dream? I'm talking about the spring on top of the plunger in the carb. I have polished the inside of the carb, new cable, tried routing it different ways, lubed etc but it still sticks and return is slow. I can tap the carb and the revs will go down, so it has to be the plunger right? I'm thinking a new spring might help.

Thanks
Kirk

bbap
honda305.com Member

Re: Throttle return spring

Post by bbap » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I would definitely check out the slide on the twist grip. If you've not been there you will want to clean out all the old grease and use a light coating of oil. After I cleaned mine out, everything worked far better.....Just my $.02. You can also stretch your Carb spring a bit to give it a little more life........Steve
Eck wrote:Anyone know where I can get one for a 66 Ca77 Dream? I'm talking about the spring on top of the plunger in the carb. I have polished the inside of the carb, new cable, tried routing it different ways, lubed etc but it still sticks and return is slow. I can tap the carb and the revs will go down, so it has to be the plunger right? I'm thinking a new spring might help.

Thanks
Kirk
CA78 - 3111XX - Frame
CA77E - 3161XX - Engine

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home