Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

What year for my CB77

Mad Dog MIke
honda305.com Member

What year for my CB77

Post by Mad Dog MIke » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 am

I am in process of finishing a CB77 305 Super Hawk...red in color... with a frame number of 1037311...any ideas which year????? Titled as a 1970, which I know is wrong..

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: What year for my CB77

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:29 pm

I'd say we would consider it to be a 1966 issue. ..........lm
Mad Dog MIke wrote:I am in process of finishing a CB77 305 Super Hawk...red in color... with a frame number of 1037311...any ideas which year????? Titled as a 1970, which I know is wrong..

FIREMEDIC
honda305.com Member

Yr. Manufacture

Post by FIREMEDIC » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 pm

L.M., what would you consider my frame # to be by year? It has frame CB77-10547XX. Thanks. I need the oil spinner lid gasket internal to the filter, a rebuild set for the petcock, and a set of carb kits. I am also looking for points & a condenser. Eventually I may need a complete gasket set for the engine, but for now I need rt & left side cover gaskets. Whom do you recommend to be able to buy all of this from one vendor? I have researched the vendors here, some offer some of but not all I need, and frankly I am looking for some sourcing assistance here. Thanks to anyone who responds. I have spark at the points for my recent find, but I do not want to try and start it w/o doing the things necessary to avoid leaking gas all over the floor, and to ensure a continuous supply of filtered oil to the motor.

Anxiously awaiting responses.

Mad Dog MIke
honda305.com Member

FIREMEDIC

Post by Mad Dog MIke » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:19 pm

There is a set of carbs on ebay at the moment..will NOT find anywhere else...my opinion...also CSM Restorations has stuff, do an E BAY search on CB77 or CB72 ...AND then look at all the stuff for these classic bikes...use this forum, and input from fellow bike owners...it is available..you just have to search...I have a new gas cap, floats, carbs, and carb kits just found and bought in the last 1 1/2 weeks, so I know this stuff IS NOT OBSOLETE..good luck

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Yr. Manufacture

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:13 pm

I sent him a message to PM me!. .....................lm

FIREMEDIC wrote:L.M., what would you consider my frame # to be by year? It has frame CB77-10547XX. Thanks. I need the oil spinner lid gasket internal to the filter, a rebuild set for the petcock, and a set of carb kits. I am also looking for points & a condenser. Eventually I may need a complete gasket set for the engine, but for now I need rt & left side cover gaskets. Whom do you recommend to be able to buy all of this from one vendor? I have researched the vendors here, some offer some of but not all I need, and frankly I am looking for some sourcing assistance here. Thanks to anyone who responds. I have spark at the points for my recent find, but I do not want to try and start it w/o doing the things necessary to avoid leaking gas all over the floor, and to ensure a continuous supply of filtered oil to the motor.

wrwy
honda305.com Member

Year of 305

Post by wrwy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:09 am

Can you see any date on the wiring harness under the seat? That will usually have a white tag on it that has a date on it that will tell you what year the harness was manafactured and gives you a real good idea of when the bike was made. Only in early following year models where they used left over harnesses from the previous year could this be wrong.
1966 CB77 305 Superhawk Red

advmaxx
honda305.com Member

Re: Yr. Manufacture

Post by advmaxx » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 am

FIREMEDIC wrote:L.M., what would you consider my frame # to be by year? It has frame CB77-10547XX. Thanks. I need the oil spinner lid gasket internal to the filter, a rebuild set for the petcock, and a set of carb kits. I am also looking for points & a condenser. Eventually I may need a complete gasket set for the engine, but for now I need rt & left side cover gaskets. Whom do you recommend to be able to buy all of this from one vendor? I have researched the vendors here, some offer some of but not all I need, and frankly I am looking for some sourcing assistance here. Thanks to anyone who responds. I have spark at the points for my recent find, but I do not want to try and start it w/o doing the things necessary to avoid leaking gas all over the floor, and to ensure a continuous supply of filtered oil to the motor.

I don't know if you found your parts yet, but you could get the carb and petcock rebuild kits, the condenser from Retrobikes: http://www.olypen.com/retro/

They are nice people and I've had great experience and service with them.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home