□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

new member with an old dream

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 am

I asked cause my ID book doesn't show 271/272 listed for any bikes. ..............lm

jensen wrote:Hi Ed,

Oeff, this goes the wrong way.

I wrote :
According to honda part manuals, the model code for the early CA's is 257, the model code for the later CA model it is 272
but what I wanted to say :

According to Honda part manuals, the model code of the tubular steering part for the early CA's is 257, the model code for the later tubular steering part for the CA model it is 272.

I'll recheck my manuals on other parts for the tubular steering,

Jensen

hondaguy
honda305.com Member

Post by hondaguy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 pm

well it's been a while between cleaning the garage and a going on vacation to find time to work on the dream. i am getting back to the 61 dream project.
Jensen i looked at the mufflers better and found they are not stainless just rusted steel.
I disassembled the 61 and sent the frame and front fender and front forks to be media blasted, i will pick them up tomorrow and get them primed. I have decided to paint it red and i will paint it myself, never painted anything like this before but i have wanted to learn how to do it.
i have been cleaning the engine exterior trying to get the old honda shine back.
I am also making a frame to try to bench test the engine, it has good compression and hopefully i can get it running well otherwise it is rebuild time.

will post photos as i progress

MIKE

hondaguy
honda305.com Member

Post by hondaguy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Now time for an update, between honey do projects, weekends at the lake and family needs i have realized by the time i get this bike running i will be too old to ride. I have decided to sell this bike and associated parts, however i did buy a nice running 1967 ca77 that only needs minor repairs, I have been working on it and riding around the neighborhood and having a great time.
I thought i would offer it here if anyone has interest
The bike is disassembled and in prime paint.
I have a clear indiana title
I do have a lot of parts including NOS rims and spokes, chain guard, and a lot of various other parts.
Please PM if you have any interest, If i am unable to sell as a complete project i will part out but i would like to sell as a complete project to one buyer

The bike is located in Fort Wayne Indiana

Thanks
Mike
Attachments
01.JPG
DSC04588.JPG
1961 DREAM SIDE.jpg

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home