Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

65 Cl 77 Restoration

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:23 am

Sorry, I thought it was fittings on the carbs, not the petcock! Perhaps Loctite stud and bearing mount but I usually just tap them back in.

Davo
davomoto
64 CB77
63-7 CB77 Cafe'
67 CL77
64 CL72
66 CL77 big bore flat tracker
Many others!

turfnook
honda305.com Member

Post by turfnook » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 pm

When you say fuel comes from both outlets, do you mean at the same time? Cuz that doesn't happen. One side will flow well and the other very little or none. BUT if I plug the flowing side the other side will flow. Is this how it should be? Also, petcock was in the off position last night and leaked all over floor. Does this mean complete replacement or just get rebuild kit?

Where does one find a 135 main jet? I hear the keyster are no bueno.

Thanks again,
Adam

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 am

They both should flow s similar amount.
Can be rebuilt.
Is it assembled correctly?
Nothing wrong with the Keyster kits for these bikes.
The 135 jet comes in the CB77 kit which I use in the CL77 carb. ..........lm

turfnook wrote:When you say fuel comes from both outlets, do you mean at the same time? Cuz that doesn't happen. One side will flow well and the other very little or none. BUT if I plug the flowing side the other side will flow. Is this how it should be? Also, petcock was in the off position last night and leaked all over floor. Does this mean complete replacement or just get rebuild kit?

Where does one find a 135 main jet? I hear the keyster are no bueno.

Thanks again,
Adam

turfnook
honda305.com Member

Post by turfnook » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am

I think it's assembled correctly, based on parts diagram etc.. Is there a common rookie mistake for these? I know when I took it apart orings looked pretty worn.

Adam

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:42 am

Is the rubber hard?
At the flat area of the on/off lever is there a hole caused by gas?. ...........lm

turfnook wrote:I think it's assembled correctly, based on parts diagram etc.. Is there a common rookie mistake for these? I know when I took it apart orings looked pretty worn.

Adam

turfnook
honda305.com Member

Post by turfnook » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 am

Don't worry guys I haven't given up, just busy with kids, wife, and work. Will post progress soon.

Thanks for the initial help,
Adam

FIREMEDIC
honda305.com Member

Keep working

Post by FIREMEDIC » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:11 am

Look at what others begin with, you are way ahead of the game if it is running now. On disassembly, take lots of digital pics, use seal bags for parts storage, make notes on disassembly, and try to get new parts as you can afford them. The bikes look best in as close to stock appearance as you can get it and that will give you the best resale if that ever occurs.

Remember to be patient, and before you do something you may regret, ask for advice here, and you may prevent a costly mistake.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home