Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

carbs

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
linmictil
honda305.com Member

carbs

Post by linmictil » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Afternoon Gents: I pulled the gas intake nipples out to check the screens. Of course the fiber gaskets fell part in my hands. Went to Ace hardware and got that taken care of. Question is I found a rubber type o-ring inside the body of the carbs gas intake. The other carb didn't have one. I checked through the parts books and didn't see any mention of one. Should it have been there?
My brother had the bike when I was in Vietnam and don't know if he may have tinkered with it
Thanks Mike

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: carbs

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:19 pm

HONDA didn't install that part.
Did ya remove the screens?. ......lm

linmictil wrote:Afternoon Gents: I pulled the gas intake nipples out to check the screens. Of course the fiber gaskets fell part in my hands. Went to Ace hardware and got that taken care of. Question is I found a rubber type o-ring inside the body of the carbs gas intake. The other carb didn't have one. I checked through the parts books and didn't see any mention of one. Should it have been there?
My brother had the bike when I was in Vietnam and don't know if he may have tinkered with it
Thanks Mike

linmictil
honda305.com Member

carbs

Post by linmictil » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Nope-- just cleaned the screens up,installed new fiber washers and put them back together. No idea where the rubber came from. Maybe thanks to my big brother.... Thanks ED. Getting ready to start it up in a couple more days mike

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: carbs

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Pull the screen.
1967 HONDA discontinued the screen in the carbs.
I now remove them. ............lm

linmictil wrote:Nope-- just cleaned the screens up,installed new fiber washers and put them back together. No idea where the rubber came from. Maybe thanks to my big brother.... Thanks ED. Getting ready to start it up in a couple more days mike

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home