□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

just wanted to say hello

dreamrider
honda305.com Member

Post by dreamrider » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks the bags were better than I had hoped. I had the brackets powder coated metallic silver.

I measured the tires on the bike so may be just close. They are about 1/2" shorted than the 3.25 that I have. I got them from ebay here's his auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-DR ... ccessories

I haven't got to ride much yet but they seam to be alright tires they don't rub or anything as far as I can tell. The only thing I thought was wrong is they are BOTH marked as front tires.

Hope this helps.

Jim

brewsky wrote:Jim,
Looking Good!

The bags fit really well.

Could you measure the tire height from the rim to the outer edge? From the size designation, they should be shorter than the 3.25's, but they don't look shorter in your pics. And what brand are the tires? I'll be needing a set shortly myself.

Thanks for posting the pics

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks for the measurement.
I wouldn't worry much about the front designation on the dream myself.
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

KellieLyyne
honda305.com Member

Nice bike

Post by KellieLyyne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Are those mufflers the Dunstalls? I am looking for mufflers and those look nice on your bike. Also, Ive been looking for tires, and I was going to buy the Firestones, but I am weary of them "grabbing" every groove in the road. I live in sunny California where the schools and the roads have taken a HUGE hit these past few years. None of which are going to be repaired anytime soon. Do you like your new tires? Which whitewall inserts did you pick up? I really like the looks of them. BTW, I just restored a set of Buco bags myself, and I have to say, they look way better than your old bags. (just my opinion)

dreamrider
honda305.com Member

Re: Nice bike

Post by dreamrider » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 pm

I think they are Dunstall but not sure they were on the bike when I bought it. As I've said I haven't got a chance to ride yet still raining and cold. The inserts I got from ebay the last ones the guy had he said. I would need to see a picture of YOUR bags to see if the are better than mine. Have a good day.

Jim

KellieLyyne wrote:Are those mufflers the Dunstalls? I am looking for mufflers and those look nice on your bike. Also, Ive been looking for tires, and I was going to buy the Firestones, but I am weary of them "grabbing" every groove in the road. I live in sunny California where the schools and the roads have taken a HUGE hit these past few years. None of which are going to be repaired anytime soon. Do you like your new tires? Which whitewall inserts did you pick up? I really like the looks of them. BTW, I just restored a set of Buco bags myself, and I have to say, they look way better than your old bags. (just my opinion)

bbap
honda305.com Member

Post by bbap » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 am

Jim, beautiful bike! I like the black bags on the black bike. Quick question: I've got the same bags and same brackets on mine. When I got my bike, the lower brackets (I'll call them stirrups) that wrap the exhaust pipe went opposite yours. When I redid mine, I put them back on the same way. I just went out to look at mine and I dont see any way to fit the bracket between the pipe and the frame. Just wondering if that is how they are supposed to go and if I need to take my pipes off and try to get them to fit. I think yours looks better as the brackets don't interrupt the exhaust lines. I've got stock pipes so the fit is probably a little different.

Steve
CA78 - 3111XX - Frame
CA77E - 3161XX - Engine

dreamrider
honda305.com Member

Post by dreamrider » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks Steve I wasn't going to use the bottom bracket but the bags were too floppy. I had to reform them to fit my mufflers. The hold the bags like they should now. As you know I don't have stock pipes. I would think they would work the same though. Here's some pictures hope they help.

Jim

bbap wrote:Jim, beautiful bike! I like the black bags on the black bike. Quick question: I've got the same bags and same brackets on mine. When I got my bike, the lower brackets (I'll call them stirrups) that wrap the exhaust pipe went opposite yours. When I redid mine, I put them back on the same way. I just went out to look at mine and I dont see any way to fit the bracket between the pipe and the frame. Just wondering if that is how they are supposed to go and if I need to take my pipes off and try to get them to fit. I think yours looks better as the brackets don't interrupt the exhaust lines. I've got stock pipes so the fit is probably a little different.

Steve
Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image5.jpg

bbap
honda305.com Member

Post by bbap » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Perfect pictures, definitely more room in there. Here's mine. Battery shot on the camera so I can't get in tight to the back. I'm gonna try to switch mine 180 degrees like yours if possible.

100_3775 by krt3306, on Flickr
CA78 - 3111XX - Frame
CA77E - 3161XX - Engine

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home