Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Do I have a clutch issue 66 superhawk

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
SIDECAR77
honda305.com Member

Do I have a clutch issue 66 superhawk

Post by SIDECAR77 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 am

Hi let some chump take my bike out for a test ride and decided he didnt want to buy it, 2 weeks later I went to take it for a rip and as soon as i put it in gear and try to take off it dies, put it up on the stand and the clutch engages and wheel turns but chain is now loose and Im worried I have more than a clutch issue. Has anyone any had this happen to them. How can I solve this.

Thanks

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Do I have a clutch issue 66 superhawk

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:14 am

Add ya location to ya profile please. .........lm

SIDECAR77 wrote:Hi let some chump take my bike out for a test ride and decided he didnt want to buy it, 2 weeks later I went to take it for a rip and as soon as i put it in gear and try to take off it dies, put it up on the stand and the clutch engages and wheel turns but chain is now loose and Im worried I have more than a clutch issue. Has anyone any had this happen to them. How can I solve this.

Thanks

redblk63
honda305.com Member

Post by redblk63 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:15 am

Sorry, I do not understand what the problem is.

Does the clutch not disengage? Said chump may have savaged the discs doing burnouts and they are now warped and won't release. Note, you should expect some clutch drag when the lever is pulled in. This isn't a car-like dry clutch.

Engine died? Oh well, that happens when CB77s are cold.

Chain is loose? Not uncommon after a while (more like every 200 miles for me), maybe accelerated by those imagined wild burnouts.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home