Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

The rebirth of a C78 305 Honda Dream

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
walkim
honda305.com Member

Post by walkim » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:31 pm

Lucky I found that ball bearing!!!!
Lol!

Walter

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Re: handlebars

Post by 4shorts » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:33 pm

walkim wrote:I can't believe those are the same handlebars I saw you at this morning!!!
Great job brudder!

Walter
They are and thanks for finding that little ball bearing I dropped on the floor. You've got the eyes of an eagle! Thanks buddy! Paul

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:40 pm

Paul, Are you sure you are not slipping in some undiscovered original Honda parts that were museum stored all these years? The quality of the results are astounding!

As for the right side winker switch on US bikes, that's just an elaborately cruel question. No one has them (hardly any are around, in the US) and everyone wants them. The front winkers on your bike - that's the first one of this type I've seen...

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:51 pm

Michael Stoic wrote:Paul, Are you sure you are not slipping in some undiscovered original Honda parts that were museum stored all these years? The quality of the results are astounding!

As for the right side winker switch on US bikes, that's just an elaborately cruel question. No one has them (hardly any are around, in the US) and everyone wants them. The front winkers on your bike - that's the first one of this type I've seen...
Ha! Ha! Michael I wish I did have those kind of parts. I wasn't sure if the American bikes had the winker switch like mine. I've noticed most of them had what looked like an aftermarket type of set up and I wondered how they would turn them on.

As for my bike. I have the new white wall tires coming. I have the spokes and I'm waiting on the chrome outer parts of the wheel to show up. I will next build a truing stand and do the wheels. the wiring harness is all reworked and looks great If I say so myself. I'm still looking for a fuel bowl but there's some on ebay now so I'll try for one of them. I've got my newly chromed parts coming in this week so after I get the wheels done she starts to go together. Paul

walkim
honda305.com Member

Post by walkim » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:03 pm

Jeez Paul,

I must be some stunned! I can't find out how to reply to one of your posts.......%$@&@$%@&!!!!!
So I will try it here.
I checked around on the internet ...which for me is a big thing as I am totally internet stupid.....and I can't see another bike like yours with blinkers. I think you might have a one of a kinder there bud.

Hope you get this. God knows....this could ne sent to anyone knowing me!!!!

Walter

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Well I finally got my parts back from the platers today and I have to say it was worth the wait. We don't have any platers on the island of Newfoundland so I had to ship them out to Nova Scotia. They did an outstand job on all the parts. Ultra shine to the chrome but the part I was impressed with was how they got all the little dings and dents out of the parts. Now I can start at the Dream again but I'm still waiting on the outer rims for the hubs and my tires are in transit as well. Patience is a virtue!

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:19 pm

Excuse me while I pick my chin up off the floor!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home