Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Any interest in race seat replicas?

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Primary mold photo:

This is just the negative of the center section. It still has to be filled and sanded to remove all of the pit marks and dings from the metal pan. There are two other molds for the front section and for the rear riser piece. After it is completed, we can pull a positive off of the molds and make a seat pan.

Hahnda
honda305.com Member

Post by Hahnda » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:23 pm

cyclon36 wrote:Ok, latest update is that we should be good to roll by this Thursday. I'm planning on meeting up with the mold guy on Friday to check everything off and place the order for the blanks. If anybody else is interested in a seat, please get in touch with me before Friday as I'm only making enough for those that are pre-ordered.

-Joe
I'm possibly interested. Is there a price quoted?

cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Hahnda wrote:
cyclon36 wrote:Ok, latest update is that we should be good to roll by this Thursday. I'm planning on meeting up with the mold guy on Friday to check everything off and place the order for the blanks. If anybody else is interested in a seat, please get in touch with me before Friday as I'm only making enough for those that are pre-ordered.

-Joe
I'm possibly interested. Is there a price quoted?
I estimated the price in the first post to be $350. Everything is coming along at the anticipated budget so that will be the final price. I am asking for a deposit of $200 to cover the majority of the materials. The rest is due on shipment.

Andy's CB
honda305.com Member

Post by Andy's CB » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:04 pm

any chance of a second run eventually? want one for my hawk, but
a. cant afford it just yet
b. my bike isnt licensed/titled yet so no point in dropping almost twice what i paid for the bike for a sweet seat til i know if i can get it legal

cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 am

Andy's CB wrote:any chance of a second run eventually? want one for my hawk, but
a. cant afford it just yet
b. my bike isnt licensed/titled yet so no point in dropping almost twice what i paid for the bike for a sweet seat til i know if i can get it legal
Not sure on that one. My mold guy is giving me the mold after this run as he's moving out of state next month. I would have to find someone else that's good at making fiberglass shells and get another batch of order to want to bother with it. I have brackets made for 10 so I'll probably try to use them up at one point. I doubt I'll go through the trouble of making more than that tough.

cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Saw the finished mold today in person. Everything looks great and it should come out real smooth as all the imperfections from the original pan are being filled and sanded.

Now that the mold is done, the first one will be made which I should get around Tuesday. If I approve of the blank, then the rest will be made.

56_Oval's seat is back in my hands now that the mold is done. It will be put back together properly, painted, and covered so I'll have pictures of what the finished products will look like by mid next week.

56_oval
honda305.com Member

Post by 56_oval » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:53 pm

You should consider making different brackets to fit other bikes like the cb160. I'll bet you could find some buyers.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home