Admirers

New guy here

56_oval
honda305.com Member

Post by 56_oval » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:50 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:This is the AM part. ............lm

56_oval wrote:
cyclon36 wrote:
56_oval wrote:The bracket does look quite flimsy to hold a 350lb bike up. I'm not sure where it attaches to the bike. Do you have a good pic of it so I can see how it attaches?
I'm sure someone has a pic. It attaches somewhere towards the left side closer to the rear of the frame.
I found a pic located on a different thread.

Are you meaning aftermarket for AM? The one I bought seems to be a little different. It appears to have reinforcements along the lower part of the stand. Is that an original part?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 pm

The entire part is After Market.
Take a good look at the frame mount and ya can see why this one bends off. .......lm

56_oval wrote:

56_oval wrote:
cyclon36 wrote:
56_oval wrote:The bracket does look quite flimsy to hold a 350lb bike up. I'm not sure where it attaches to the bike. Do you have a good pic of it so I can see how it attaches?
I'm sure someone has a pic. It attaches somewhere towards the left side closer to the rear of the frame.

Are you meaning aftermarket for AM? The one I bought seems to be a little different. It appears to have reinforcements along the lower part of the stand. Is that an original part?

56_oval
honda305.com Member

Post by 56_oval » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:00 am

LOUD MOUSE wrote:The entire part is After Market.
Take a good look at the frame mount and ya can see why this one bends off. .......lm

56_oval wrote:

56_oval wrote:
cyclon36 wrote:

I see what you're saying. So if if I'm careful with the original part, should I have any problems? I would hate to come out from the bar and and find my bike on the ground.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 am

The one in the pic is the stronger of the designs and if ya just have the bike pressure and ya don't sit on it the bracket will be OK. ...............lm
56_oval wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:The entire part is After Market.

56_oval wrote:

56_oval wrote:
cyclon36 wrote:

I see what you're saying. So if if I'm careful with the original part, should I have any problems? I would hate to come out from the bar and and find my bike on the ground.

BLUE62
honda305.com Member

Your CB77

Post by BLUE62 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:40 pm

I guess I'm getting in on the tail end of this. From what I can tell, you have a Super Hawk comprised of several bikes, bits and pieces. Without studying it too closely, the front forks are from an early model (steel lowers, tapered). Rear trailing arm (later model - weld on lower shock mount varies with two styles - see both and you'll see). Rear brake light ???. Speedo - Tach - later version. Perch yourself on EBAY and over time you can buy just about everything you need. Or wait for a nice original for about $3K.

56_oval
honda305.com Member

Re: Your CB77

Post by 56_oval » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 pm

BLUE62 wrote:I guess I'm getting in on the tail end of this. From what I can tell, you have a Super Hawk comprised of several bikes, bits and pieces. Without studying it too closely, the front forks are from an early model (steel lowers, tapered). Rear trailing arm (later model - weld on lower shock mount varies with two styles - see both and you'll see). Rear brake light ???. Speedo - Tach - later version. Perch yourself on EBAY and over time you can buy just about everything you need. Or wait for a nice original for about $3K.
I'm glad you noticed. I have as well. I have already sold the frame that came with the bike and I bought another frame (early, or at least the swingarm is) that was in much better shape and already powder coated.

As far as the speedo goes, I have a friend who has the early bucket (I'm assuming they're different?) that he is willing to trade and I will search out a speedo in good time. I believe the engine is a '64. The vin is CB77E 103738. I'm not super concerned about the year model, I really just want to get out there and ride!!

56_oval
honda305.com Member

Post by 56_oval » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:00 am

I am starting on the seat for now while I wait on other parts to arrive. I started another thread on that over in the seat section. One quick question, For Davo I believe. Was it you that made a set of brackets to fit a later seat on an early frame (or vice versa)? The seat from eye to eye measures 13.25 inches, and the frame is 14.25 inches. So I will have to make something so the seat will bolt down.
By the way, I thought it was sweet that the engine number I bought and the frame that I just got are only 46 digits apart. Engine number is CB77E 103738, and the frame number is CB77 103784.

http://www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6660

Last edited by 56_oval on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home