□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Really old CB77

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 pm

wargoth wrote:I dont mind that the bike is not what I origionally thought, it still is (or will be) a nice m/c......
The bike is in fact a very early 1964. It came with 300 dream embelems on the tank from Honda, strange:) I am going to rip out the motor and tear it down today. To those of you I doubted, my apologies.
FWIW, and at the risk of sticking my neck out (it's quite a thick neck...), it seems (seemed) to me that your attitude was more one of surprise than anything else. JMO.

Not really; my first CB77 was a '64 and that had the Dream emblems. My current bike is a '64 but was re-framed (in '96) using a '61 CB72 frame; it, too, has Dream emblems.

With your frame number, I'm not surprised that it carries some parts that are documented as being last used in '63 model year.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 am

I'll be happy to assist where I can.
However ya did send a couple of PM to me which did at the time not put ya in the best light. ..........lm

wargoth wrote:I dont mind that the bike is not what I origionally thought, it still is (or will be) a nice m/c. Unforunately some members of this forum are hung up on too many things not motorcycle. I get accused of having an attitude, but look at the posts I made, I thanked the person I apparently had this attitude with.?
And again a huge "THANK YOU" to everybody who has helped me in this identity crisis. I will probably be back, looking for more difficult to find info later.
Recently was able to get in touch with the p/o of the CB77, who bought it in '69. He repainted it, green frame and gold tins because they were his favourite color. ICK!! Very retro. Origional color was red, frame and everything. The motor was rebuilt by him in '72, piston broke. the bike was stolen once (joyride with crash at end). He has never had an accident on it personally. He has some spare parts, title, keys for ignition and steering lock. (the ignition lock was broken when stolen). He parked it after it lost compression on #1 again, in '81. Been stored ever since. all of the parts on it are origional except the front fender.
The bike is in fact a very early 1964. It came with 300 dream embelems on the tank from Honda, strange:) I am going to rip out the motor and tear it down today. To those of you I doubted, my apologies.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home