Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Featured in PipeBurn.com Magazine!!!!!! - 1966 305 Dream

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:02 am

Progress update...

Ive been busy getting things ready to be reassembled and that means constantly going between the nickle plating shop and the paint booth. Here is the front fork reassembly. Its VERY different than it originally looked as some of you may recall it was fire red.

I replaced the ignition key with an arcade button (1up) and have replaced the Speedo.
The gold leafing down the side that reads "Bush League" is in tribute to the fact that it was built in my basement... Its a bit of a bush league operation.

I went with a Candy Blue paint with a white base coat... its coming along slowly and I should have more pictures to share in the coming 2 weeks.

What do you guys think so far? Feedback anyone?

-Sascha

P.S. I adjusted the points and timing with the article someone wrote on timing the bike with a light - That was really helpful!
Attachments
13.jpg
17.jpg

Gun
honda305.com Member

Post by Gun » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 am

the timing article was written by Ed Moore of Texas aka Loudmouse on the forum.

You look like a young feller like me, possibly part of the local scene etc...
I'm going to give you one word of advice regarding the mechanical function and correctness of this bike:
Listen to EVERYTHING Ed Moore says about these bikes. He is correct. I made the mistake of coming in here guns blazing insisting on things that I thought I knew... I was always wrong and ed was always right.

now with that out of the way,

Bike is looking slick.

I like the 1 up button idea even if it is a bit 1980's fad-ish. I think it's important to feel like a bike is yours and unique, and buttons are nice subtle ways to make neat details.

I dont like the sticker down the forks one bit. I think the beauty of these bikes is the clean lines and design already in place. But if you like it, then i'm just happy for ya.

Hope you keep diving into this, and start getting your hands dirty. Have fun!
'65 CB77
'66 CB450k0
'93 HD FXR

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 am

Hey Gun,

Yeah I figured that part out a while ago - LM knows his stuff for sure, he set me up with the correct positioning for the oil filter pin to lock into the engine casing.

The 1up is one (of a few) personal touches to make it mine... I will be showing a few more features like that next week... still assembling, trying to take my time and enjoy the process of it. Labour of love.

I get the impression a lot of people wont like the gold leafing down the fork, Im okay with that... If you are an appreciator of the Honda 305 Dream then this bike probably wont be for you, I have a knack for basterdizing things with my own style. For me, its just my way of putting my touch to it.
I expect a lot of back lash from the restoration guys on the hap hazard aesthetics of this build (I almost want to kick myself for doing it to such a nice stock bike, but I thought it would be different and fun).

Yep - Toronto Local... Yeah, still got my youth (fading fast) but I want to learn from the vets on the boards, I have a lot to learn still. Its been a good ride so far though! I figure, this will give me something to do with my time when I get old and grey...

I should have a few more updates in the coming week!
-Sascha

Gun
honda305.com Member

Post by Gun » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:49 am

I'm excited to see em. thanks for sharing!
'65 CB77
'66 CB450k0
'93 HD FXR

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 am

Update...

So I got Clubman bars for the bike and have welded on a biltwell single seat bracket... The frame, front fender and tank are still in paint (probably getting them back this weekend).

Waiting on a few parts back from Nickle plating still... Also probably ready by the weekend.

Ordered new controls and a gran turismo throttle from lowbrow customs (far from the stock assembly) and its not an internal throttle.

Have a new carb that came in, NOS honda but havent taken the time to install it on the motor yet.

I will probably have some pictures to share on a complete front end by the weekend.

Keep the dream alive! ;)

-Sascha

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Hey guys... So I know I owe you an update on the build, its coming really soon I have a few things going on, rebuilding my extra carb, getting the rest of the bike back from paint/bondo this weekend... But MOST importantly I owe you guys an update on whats keeping me most busy... My mustache for MOVEMBER! ;)

The wife and I had to go to a wedding over the weekend and they took this pic, what do ya think guys?! I used the bowtie to offset the fact that my face looked so stupid... haha.

Coming to a close soon, so donate if you feel sorry for my face:

http://ca.movember.com/mospace/436244/

-Sascha (Saschaclaus)
Attachments
149973_789398203237_72602463_45054383_2282964_n.jpg

Tango911
honda305.com Member

Post by Tango911 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:54 pm

Here is a picture of my bike this year (Before ripping it apart)

u guys should learn how to use the IMG button, works excellent, instead of having to click on an extra link :D
65 Sears Puch 250
69 Dream 305
74 Kawi H1
78 CB750 SS

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home