Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

305 head gasket

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
shodan
honda305.com Member

305 head gasket

Post by shodan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:47 pm

any one out there selling a 305 head gasket?

or want to trade I have original snuff or nots NOS not repros,

two s-12 top end piston kits,
two top end gasket sets for the s12 piston kits --- a thick copper head gasket that a party thinks might be early for lowering compression on the first 305 from 9.5 to a lower range.

Been told for my std rebuild the gasket will not work as the o ring for oil seals will not squish down and it will leak? can't see why it would ever have worked then except to lower compression have aleaker with big bores probably for racing.

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

head gasket

Post by joeweir1 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:42 pm

I do have a head gasket in a pack from an aftermarket set if you are interested.E-amil me and I can send you a photo if you like at josephweirj@comcast.net.Do you mean you have an S1 and an S2 oversize kit?Joe

leonvjames
honda305.com Member

Post by leonvjames » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:41 pm

I made a head gasket for my CB77 from aluninium sheet. Carefully marked it out and drilled or cut out the holes then tempered it in an oven. [forgot to take out the wifes oven trays and they went all soft as well] It has been in the bike for years and thousands of miles with no problems. Used the normal "O" rings to seal the oilways with no leaks. Might be worth a try.
Leon, long time owner.

shodan
honda305.com Member

S-12 pistons correct

Post by shodan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:50 pm

I have ordered complete gasket set today.

I have two big bore kits for 305 include pistons rings,wrist pins complete top end gasket, supposedly the thick copper gasket is for the early model 9.5 compression fix reduce compression to 8.5 so no detonation or might be because the s-12 piston heights is different dont's know.

I was advised to hone,valve job and install new rings as my top end does not need a overbore.

I am following the advice. Would be willing to sell a set I paid $75 each .

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home