Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Precise reproduction of Dream headlamp with replaceable bulb

Kevmcp
honda305.com Member

Precise reproduction of Dream headlamp with replaceable bulb

Post by Kevmcp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm

I would like to know how many of you would consider a precise reproduction of the Dream Sealed Beam headlamp that allowed you to switch out the bulb from the back when it went out. The bulbs could be a Xenon HID. I am not sure how many of you can't find headlamps that work both high and low, and, as I am a night rider, the weakness of the original 20/40 lo-hi bulbs.

Would you pay up to $100 for something like this?

Let me know.....

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Re: Precise reproduction of Dream headlamp with replaceable

Post by FluteTears » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Kevmcp wrote:I would like to know how many of you would consider a precise reproduction of the Dream Sealed Beam headlamp that allowed you to switch out the bulb from the back when it went out. The bulbs could be a Xenon HID. I am not sure how many of you can't find headlamps that work both high and low, and, as I am a night rider, the weakness of the original 20/40 lo-hi bulbs.

Would you pay up to $100 for something like this?

Let me know.....
Hmm this is hard for me as so far I have a good headlamp and not one problem with seeing the road.
But having said that.
Would the Xenon HID be brighter? this would be good.
I think I know that would be the case but then would the bike be able to power it? I think the charging system is lacking and yes I have beefed mine up.
I myself would say the a $100 for a light bulb well not for me but if it was the only option I would have to look at it.
Driving with candle lights Brad LOL
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

Kevmcp
honda305.com Member

brighter

Post by Kevmcp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Yes, the HID would be brighter and whiter, the power draw would not be signifcantly more

I am just wondering how many dreams there are out there that have burned out bulbs and wait for a good one to come on ebay that you pay 80-100 for anyway

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Re: brighter

Post by FluteTears » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Kevmcp wrote:Yes, the HID would be brighter and whiter, the power draw would not be signifcantly more

I am just wondering how many dreams there are out there that have burned out bulbs and wait for a good one to come on ebay that you pay 80-100 for anyway
Oh my I did not know that the bulbs was costing that much!!!
I am going to have to look into this now Thanks
Brad
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

Dr. Frankenstein
honda305.com Member

Post by Dr. Frankenstein » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:38 pm

If I had a burned out, sealed-beam headlight that was no good to me anymore, I would get me a glass cutter, hole saw and/or a drill and some Form-a-Gasket, carefully drill that sucker out and figure out a way to PUT a replaceable bulb in there...it's not going to get any 'broker', y'know??

As a matter of fact, isn't there some-such step-by-step instruction on the forum somewhere?

A hundred bucks for a square headlight??...I don't think so...hell, just ride it in the daytime...

rrietman
honda305.com Member

Post by rrietman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 pm

K; for $100 I'll take all you can make. go out and try to buy dream headlites and you'll see what I mean.
Randy

FluteTears
honda305.com Member

Post by FluteTears » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Dr. Frankenstein wrote:If I had a burned out, sealed-beam headlight that was no good to me anymore, I would get me a glass cutter, hole saw and/or a drill and some Form-a-Gasket, carefully drill that sucker out and figure out a way to PUT a replaceable bulb in there...it's not going to get any 'broker', y'know??

As a matter of fact, isn't there some-such step-by-step instruction on the forum somewhere?

A hundred bucks for a square headlight??...I don't think so...hell, just ride it in the daytime...
LOL well thats my way of thinking to.......
Cant say much more then that. But not all of us are able to do this and that seems like what he is addressing is the one in the dark....
So yes the need maybe.
Just not all and I will say that some would buy it.
I hate to say it but Not everybody that works on or want old bikes want to do this kind of work.
So if he can provide a simple part for the problem why not.......
I think asking this forum maybe be the wrong place but keep in mind that I think most of us can and will figure a way to make a light work.
And a $100 for a bulb well thats not all he is offering.
I Think!!!
1974 CT90
1964 CA77

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home