□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

air filter hoses

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:24 am

Possibly a bad plug....switch them and see if anything changes.
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

fracro131
honda305.com Member

Post by fracro131 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:07 am

66 -Ca77
Hi, Wanted to give you guys an update. After thinking back when all this started. We remembered we had another carb that we had forgotten about. So we replaced the carb. We followed paperslammers walk through on points and timing. Bike started right up and idled as it should. Shut the bike off and retried start and she starts o a dime.
Took it for a short run, We still had no power.

As to the suggestion of E3Steve: The header pipes are the original, they are the pipes that came on the bike when bought. But, We did have aftermarket tail pipes. We took the tail pipes off. Took a short ride. The bike has all its power back!. WE Looked in the pipes and the one on the right side could not see through. The one on the left has a very small opening.

Shes now running like a dream.

Question: Where can you get a decent set of tail pipes?.

Just a note: We want to thank you for your help and say that this site is a wonderful site to have access to. In the last year we have read and readAnd read the post on this site . For 2 people who knew nothing about working on this bike, We have learned a great deal. I make reference to We in my post because my wife has worked right along side me to get this bike running. Thanks again.

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

Post by rustywrench » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 am

fracro131 wrote:66 -Ca77
I make reference to We in my post because my wife has worked right along side me to get this bike running. Thanks again.

And that makes you a pretty lucky guy IMO. Thank you for reading this forum to learn and thank you for the update. It gets frustrating to help folks and never hear if they found a resolve or even a thanks for the help. It does mean a lot to here it. RW

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 pm

So much for my shots in the dark! But great news (well, in a way!); upside: at least you've found the problem -- downside: mufflers for touring models are much harder to come by. Caustic soda & hot water is a good de-coker; worth a try?

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:24 pm

fracro131 wrote:66 -Ca77

Question: Where can you get a decent set of tail pipes?.
Here is one source:
http://www.classichondarestoration.com/ ... d_228.html
There is another non-OEM style commonly available from ebay sellers for a lot less, however they are not the same shape.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-C7 ... ccessories
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

Spargett
honda305.com Member

Post by Spargett » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 pm

If you order the eBay set from Taiwan, be prepared to use some exhaust sealant and an extra clamp. My bike's previous owner had a set that was either purchased from Apex Cycle or on eBay for my Superhawk. The things had pretty bad exhaust leaks around the header. With a little extra effort or fabrication you can prob get them to seal up okay.

Another alternative is a different aftermarket pipe. I purchased a set of Dunstall reps from JC Whitney for a bargain that work great. Something like that might be a little out of place on a Dream, but you get the idea. Best of luck with every, nice to hear it's running well. Make sure to keep up on the maintenance!!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home