Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 Carb / Idle Running high

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
cr_monk
honda305.com Member

CA77 Carb / Idle Running high

Post by cr_monk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:11 pm

I've done everything I can thing of wit this carb with no luck.

Bike starts fine with the choke on and races to a high RPM.....as soon as you drop the choke, the bike dies. No matter what type of air or throttle screw adjustments I make seem to make much or a difference. The throttle screw when brought WAY out eventually just kills it.

The carb has been dip cleaned, the float boiled checked for holes and height measured 3 times, all of the jets and screws were replaced by Honda parts....the only non Honda part is the main needle, which came from a Keyster carb kit. I have tried moving it to different positions to no avail.

I am pretty new to these bikes and am learning a lot, but this issue is killing me, I don't know what else to do. I have had this bike now for almost a year and have made a lot of progress with the help of this board, but one of these days I would actually like to RIDE my bike.

Any help here is BEYOND appreciated.
Craig

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: CA77 Carb / Idle Running high

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:31 pm

[Send me the carb and let me look at it. I've returned many bad carbs that ran super when I worked on them. ...........lm

quote="cr_monk"]I've done everything I can thing of wit this carb with no luck.

Bike starts fine with the choke on and races to a high RPM.....as soon as you drop the choke, the bike dies. No matter what type of air or throttle screw adjustments I make seem to make much or a difference. The throttle screw when brought WAY out eventually just kills it.

The carb has been dip cleaned, the float boiled checked for holes and height measured 3 times, all of the jets and screws were replaced by Honda parts....the only non Honda part is the main needle, which came from a Keyster carb kit. I have tried moving it to different positions to no avail.

I am pretty new to these bikes and am learning a lot, but this issue is killing me, I don't know what else to do. I have had this bike now for almost a year and have made a lot of progress with the help of this board, but one of these days I would actually like to RIDE my bike.

Any help here is BEYOND appreciated.
Craig[/quote]

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home