Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

float setting early CA77 with side cut-outs on carb body

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
summerplace
honda305.com Member

float setting early CA77 with side cut-outs on carb body

Post by summerplace » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:01 am

The side of this C77 B carb on a 1965 all original CA77 Dream has a cut out of approximately 1/2 inch on each side directly in-line with the float. Do you turn the carb upside down and measure the 26 1/2 mm from inside the cut out to the normal bottom of the float? The cut-out is approx. 1/8 inch lower than the rest of the carb lip. This carb is of the early model and the bowl gasket in the Keyster carb rebuild kits will not fit it.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: float setting early CA77 with side cut-outs on carb body

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:01 am

MEASURE FROM THE LOWEST FLAT AREA OF THE BOTTOM OF THE CARB.
I HAVE THE OVEL CARB GASKESTS HERE. ........lm
summerplace wrote:The side of this C77 B carb on a 1965 all original CA77 Dream has a cut out of approximately 1/2 inch on each side directly in-line with the float. Do you turn the carb upside down and measure the 26 1/2 mm from inside the cut out to the normal bottom of the float? The cut-out is approx. 1/8 inch lower than the rest of the carb lip. This carb is of the early model and the bowl gasket in the Keyster carb rebuild kits will not fit it.

Bon
honda305.com Member

Post by Bon » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:23 am

I have the same type of carburetor (PW22) with the cut outs the carb body and am confused about which surface to measure the float height. do I remove the bowl gasket and use this surface or do I use the raised flange of the carb body running around the bowl?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:11 am

Remove the gasket. .............lm
Bon wrote:I have the same type of carburetor (PW22) with the cut outs the carb body and am confused about which surface to measure the float height. do I remove the bowl gasket and use this surface or do I use the raised flange of the carb body running around the bowl?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home