honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Someone save me from strangling my dream ;)

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
FLYHAVEN2001
honda305.com Member

Re: Someone save me from strangling my dream ;)

Post by FLYHAVEN2001 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:55 pm

I had a siilar problem when rebuilding my carb. plugs fouled within a short distance of riding. Too rich!! They really need to be cleaned very well before putting back in. When you rebuilt your carb did you put main needle clip in the same notch? If you did like I did it will be wrong unless your jets were the same size. The keyster kit had a larger jet and after I figured out what was wrong I moved the clip on the needle up one notch to allow less fuel. Problem solved! My bike would miss and not accelerate correctly due to this and even ran on one cylinder when it fouled.Check spark with new plugs or check with a plug from a mowere and you will see the spark difference. Your plugs should look like like a light cocoa tan when running right. Mine were wet and black. Now they look correct.

cr_monk
honda305.com Member

Re: Someone save me from strangling my dream ;)

Post by cr_monk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:13 pm

Being excited this might finally be it, I vatted the carb this time and moved the clip on the jet up.<br /><br />Bike ran erratic for awhile then shut down completely. I checked the plugs and they looked fine?? Decided to check for a spark again and to my suprise....same weak spark on one side and NO spark on the other.<br /><br />I am finally breaking down and getting new ignition coil and plug wires.<br /><br />I will post a follow-up once I get delivered and installed.<br /><br />Thanks all again for your help and suggestions!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home