Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1962 Superhawk Restoration: Here I go

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

starter terminal boot

Post by jleewebb » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 am

new starter terminal boot available from Ohio Cycle. I'll get you part no.

Looks like you'll be riding pretty soon, looking forward to hearing (and seeing) all about it. --Lee
Last edited by jleewebb on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'62 CB77. "It's a rider."

Gunner_CAF
honda305.com Member

Post by Gunner_CAF » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Wow, I think I found the guy who always out bids me on e-bay :) Cool collection!

Gunner

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

starter boot

Post by jleewebb » Thu May 07, 2009 9:54 am

Ohio cycle starter terminal boot is part # 32411 253 000.

So where you at? Regards, Lee
Attachments
My bike's looking more like a rider all the time, ie, not so clean. I thought nameplate on starter would be brass like horn, but alas, no.
My bike's looking more like a rider all the time, ie, not so clean. I thought nameplate on starter would be brass like horn, but alas, no.
Last edited by jleewebb on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'62 CB77. "It's a rider."

McFloobles
honda305.com Member

Post by McFloobles » Mon May 11, 2009 6:10 am

I just wanted to drop you a line to thank you for keeping such an incredible record of this work you have done Scott. I am about to start on a big resto job myself, and it is really inspiring to have your success to show what can be done.

Excellent work

Spargett
honda305.com Member

Re: starter boot

Post by Spargett » Mon May 18, 2009 4:44 am

Lee, thanks for that. I'll certainly give them a call. Its a shame their ordering process is such a pain. Must have never heard of PayPal ; ) I'm from San Francisco, sitting out this summer in Sacramento then back to the bay.
jleewebb wrote:Ohio cycle starter terminal boot is part # 32411 253 000. So where you at? Regards, Lee
McFloobles, thank you. That's exactly what I'm doing this for. I've learned alot from this forum and I only hope I can contribute as much as I've taken from it. Keep a log on your restoration. You'll regret afterwards it if you don't.
McFloobles wrote:I just wanted to drop you a line to thank you for keeping such an incredible record of this work you have done Scott. I am about to start on a big resto job myself, and it is really inspiring to have your success to show what can be done. Excellent work

Spargett
honda305.com Member

Post by Spargett » Mon May 18, 2009 5:09 am

It's important to cover any open areas below the piston when installing the piston pin clips. Otherwise in the most likely scenario of the incredibly small clip falling out during installation, it will be caught by the paper, and not fall into the bottom of your transmission. I speak from experience. Fortunately a telescopic magnet tool was able to fish it out, but it's not a chance you want to take twice.

Also make sure to close the garage door. I had a piston pin clip shoot out, easily 50ft into the darkness of the street, lost forever.

Here's Matt helping to stabilize the piston over the rod so I could thread the piston pin into place. Certainly a huge help have an extra set of hands around for this kind of stuff.

Here's the new pistons successfully installed along with the new piston pin clips. Next to lower the cylinder head over the pistons, while threading the new cam chain underneath the roller and back over the camshaft sprocket.

I'll need to break the cam chain. Should I get a tool for this, or can this be done with a dremel or other tools? And if so, will a normal drive chain breaker work for the smaller cam chain?

Spargett
honda305.com Member

Post by Spargett » Mon May 18, 2009 5:14 am

I was wondering as I was putting my left crankcase cover on if I should use any washers under the screws? Or locktite?

Here's a shot of the work bench in the garage. A modest little setup I have.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home