Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Fresh meat!

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 pm

If anybody cares to comment about my earlier question concerning the imbalance of exhaust pulse between the two mufflers, don't hold back!
Compression imbalance? Or one plug sparking better under compression? How's the mixture for each side? Try swapping the plugs over.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: ride report

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:10 pm

FOR IMBALANCE OF EXHAUST PLUSE PLEASE CALL ME. ..............lm
Loudo wrote:Went for a 9 mile ride at lunch, about a half hour of riding. Took it up to 50 on the state route, all the gears seem fine. After the ride, there were a few drops of oil here and there. Of more concern, the centerstand was coated with oil and there were signs of oil being lightly sprayed onto the right side of the rear wheel hub. I'm wondering if the chain is throwing this oil around or if it is leaking from somewhere and the wind at speed is driving it onto these other surfaces.

I don't know what I'd do with myself if I didn't have a new problem to troubleshoot.

If anybody cares to comment about my earlier question concerning the imbalance of exhaust pulse between the two mufflers, don't hold back!
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

Loudo
honda305.com Member

Uh oh

Post by Loudo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Oh no...now I've been called into the principal's office.

"Uh, my exhaust pulse is fine, Mr. Moore...honest!"

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Uh oh

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:16 pm

OK. JUST WANTED TO EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THEM TOGETHER. GOOD TO KNOW YA GOT THEM CORRECT. ...............lm
Loudo wrote:Oh no...now I've been called into the principal's office.

RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

byrdman76
honda305.com Member

Post by byrdman76 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:04 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:OK. JUST WANTED TO EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THEM TOGETHER. GOOD TO KNOW YA GOT THEM CORRECT. ...............lm

How about a quick explanation LM! I had this same issue before I tore my superhawk back down for paint. Figured I would sort it out later - sure would be nice to know what to look out for!

Thanks,

Byrd

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:11 am

It's usually one carb slide is lower than the other and ya need to tuen the colder one in a half turn at a atime and as the engine speeds up turn the other out a half turn until the engine is running smooth. ............lm

byrdman76 wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:OK. JUST WANTED TO EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THEM TOGETHER. GOOD TO KNOW YA GOT THEM CORRECT. ...............lm

How about a quick explanation LM! I had this same issue before I tore my superhawk back down for paint. Figured I would sort it out later - sure would be nice to know what to look out for!

Thanks,

Byrd
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

byrdman76
honda305.com Member

Post by byrdman76 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 am

LOUD MOUSE wrote:It's usually one carb slide is lower than the other and ya need to tuen the colder one in a half turn at a atime and as the engine speeds up turn the other out a half turn until the engine is running smooth. ............lm

Got it. I'll keep this in mind when I get it all back together - thanks.

Now back to Loudo!

byrdman76 wrote:

Thanks,

Byrd

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home